Notices

KYB AGX/H&R Sport - Poor ride comfort

Old 10-25-2004, 12:11 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dubster99
I have the same setup, and I think the ride is fine...and I ride with the AGX's on 4.
Same here.

Are you sure you have the H&R sports?
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 10-26-2004, 06:16 AM
BonzoAPD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what setting are your KYB's on? Also stock tire pressure is 35 in the front and 33 in the rear. That could be another reason why it feels off.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:38 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Originally Posted by ddave47
I recently installed KYB AGX and H&R sport on my 01 gsr. I am running 205 50 15 yokohama avs es100. tire pressure is 32front/31 rear

With the AGX on setting 1(softest, on all 4) the ride comfort is just not as nice as I wanted it to be. For running around town it is fine(slightly firmer than stock), but for two hour road trips it can get annoying.

What can I do to make the ride quality better? I have had this setup for 1 week now. Will they get softer? or are they already broken in?

thanks!
Originally Posted by BonzoAPD
what setting are your KYB's on? Also stock tire pressure is 35 in the front and 33 in the rear. That could be another reason why it feels off.

Tire pressure is another big factor, but I have a feeling either his springs are not "Sport" or he's really not used to a lowered suspension. I've run AGX/H&R for years and out of all the other suspension's I've experienced (other cars- Koni yellow, red, Tokico) this is the most comfortable ride.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 10-28-2004, 05:34 PM
ddave47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I am not used to driving in a lowered car. but I have found that over the past 300 miles with the new suspension, the car has broken in to a softer ride. There are a lot of bumpy roads around where I live, but on setting 1 it seems to be pretty smooth.

I think I need to upgrade my rear sway bar to get better cornering.
Old 10-28-2004, 07:11 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Originally Posted by ddave47
I think I am not used to driving in a lowered car. but I have found that over the past 300 miles with the new suspension, the car has broken in to a softer ride. There are a lot of bumpy roads around where I live, but on setting 1 it seems to be pretty smooth.
Glad it's working out. I've had this same setup and I love the comfort.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net