Notices

Choices of Exhaust Help/Suggestions...

Old 10-14-2004, 01:25 PM
The Question

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Choices of Exhaust Help/Suggestions...

I'm in the market for an exhaust system. I'm looking for something great, power, throttle response, and thats looks and sounds tough, oh and also good for the money something not more than 700 bucks. I wanted to know from yall, out of these three exhausts, Tanabe Super Medalion Racing, APEX'i N1, or APEX'i GT, which would you recommend me to get? I had the Tanabe SMR and i liked it a lot but i want to try something new so give me your suggestions. Thanks.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:55 PM
PikkaGTR
Power of Dreams

i had the comptech exhaust with the stock rear section
it fir somehow so it sounds very nice when cruising and at WOT it makes a very mean rumble
i've had friends say the rsr exMAG is a very good exhaust choice as well
good power and bvest of all it looks really close to stock
no ricey buzz either
Old 10-14-2004, 05:03 PM
George Knighton

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a personal preference for the 2.5" SMSP cat-back exhaust. Most of his products are out of your price range, but I believe he recently started selling a do-it yourself system that might be in your price range.

You can email him at smsproducts@adelphia.net or ring him at 540-287-6384.

I have an SMSP system, from header all the way back, and have never had cause to regret it. It's an important part of a very decently performing motor.

Another place to look is to contact AIM name mkteller8. His real name is Mike Teller and he is renowned for selling good quality do-it yourself exhausts that perform every bit as well as most big-name exhausts.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:23 PM
pUrExTc
殺生丸

Feelings about exhausts:
They sound cool when you start up the car, and they have that rumble to them, however, when you're on the freeway, they're either too loud and hurt your ears, or they're at just that right pitch that makes you sleepy.

On a daily driven car, I'd go for a quiet one, with good performance gains. The only one I know of that fits this curriculum is Mugen. If there's another one, I'd like to know what it is, because I'm also in the market for an exhaust.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:32 AM
nightrider00R

i have a spoon N1 and it sure does rumble!!! for a quiet, nice power getter i would suggest the t1r or the fujitsubo rma01. :thumbup: if you have the cash, i would definitely suggest SMSP as GK has posted.
Old 10-17-2004, 12:51 PM
The Question

Anyone know the difference between the apexi n1 and apexi gt? I always hear talk and reviews about the apexi n1 but never the apexi gt. Someone told me they basically the same thing just that the n1 is for NA and the gt for FI, i thought tha the n1 can be for both fi and na.

George Knighton, id like to know what kind of setup you have with the smsp, is there high noticable gains and response?
Old 10-18-2004, 05:02 AM
George Knighton

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Question
George Knighton, id like to know what kind of setup you have with the smsp, is there high noticable gains and response?
The car has an SMSP header and complete 2.5" cat back. It's a fairly quiet system with two resonators in addition to the converter.

The car will Dynojet at 192.

The includes a Comptech Icebox, some mild head work, and a cheap Hondata.

Any other answer I can give you would be purely subjective. But, yes, I am glad it's on the car.

Would Hytech do as well? Probably, at slightly greater overall cost.

Would Mugen do as well? Probably not, and it'd still cost more.