Notices

Door Slam

Old 10-09-2004, 03:28 PM
xIntegrax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Slam

I'm sure everyone here has this problem, well most of u guy who own old cars. I own a 94 LS, and everytime when I close my passenger side door it make a huge ass noise as if the window going to break. I'm sick and tire of telling my friends to not slam teh door. Even if i do close the door softly, it still make that annoying noise. Does anyone know what i can do to fix this problem. is it the weather stripping or what? I notice that my driver door make the same noise, but not as loud as my passenger side. any suggestion will help!!! Thanks
Old 10-09-2004, 05:49 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

My does it too. I think all integras do it. Is it doing it when the window is slightly cracked? Mine only does it then.
Old 10-09-2004, 06:10 PM
antarius
Large Member

That's just the way the window sits on the track inside the door. It shakes, it's not going to break, but it's going to make noise. It's where the quality of low-cost Japanese automobiles starts to show, they spend their Research and Development on the Engine and Drivetrain, not on the quietness of doors shutting - which is completely fine with me and most people I think.

Anyhow, that's the situation, it's more or less something you've got to deal with. You could take the doors apart and dynomat inside them to try to deaden the noise a little, but it wouldn't help too much and it would add tons of weight to the vehicle.
Old 10-10-2004, 12:38 PM
FSTred912

yea mine does it too, it is annoying, but what ya gona do.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:12 PM
xIntegrax

thank for the replys. i guess i have to live with it then. FU*K