Notices

knocking that isn't detonation... help

Old 09-27-2004, 02:46 PM
lightningph

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default knocking that isn't detonation... help

For starters it is not detonation. It is the noise of 2 things hitting eachother. You can feel it through the wheel most ot the time. I cannot make the INtegra do it. But if it happens it does it when I start moving in revers, or slowing down. I have not been able to make it do it under acceleration going forward and only once when on the breaks in neutral. I have 2 new axels and I replaced one transmission mount and shored up the other with some rubber inserts, that may not have been enough, but it seems like it should be since it can more less now than it could when it was new. One thing that I did notice is that there is nothing taking up the 1/4inch space all around the bolt and the metal bushing that it goes into in the center of the rubber. This bothers me, but it is the way it has always been. Plus it seems like the noise shifts sides sometimes. The book says it could also be some shafts in the trany. WHat yall think
Phil
Old 09-28-2004, 09:45 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

It could be internal to the transmission, but I would think the knocking would show up more often if it were. :thinking:

The cheapest part to replace will be the tranny/ engine mounts. If there's a 1/4" freeplay there, then I'd take care of that first. h:

My 2.3¥

-----

Oh and in future....please do not "thread bump".
If you're in dire need of an answer and no-one is around to respond, please use our Search Engine. Thank you.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 09-28-2004, 09:45 AM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

Nah... happens to me too... kinda like a clacking noise that doesn't sound like a CV joint? I have no idea what it is though...