Notices

clean the IACV

Old 09-27-2004, 07:59 AM
maki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clean the IACV

I am having an idle problem and would like to clean the IACV (intake air control valve).
1) How do I locate this valve on a 94 integra engine?
2) Is it as simple as removing a few bolts as it is with replacing the air filter?
Old 09-27-2004, 10:04 AM
IrishBrewer

It is on the rear side of the air intake itself (bolted to the intake on the firewall side). There should be two bolts (12 mm?) holding it on and two coolant hoses near the bottom that you will have to remove as well as one 2P electrical connector.

There is an o-ring between the IACV and the intake so dont loose it.

Once you unbolt it, set the o-ring aside and make sure to keep track of which coolant hose goes where. You can loosen and remove the coolant hoses with a longnose pliers.

Spray some carb cleaner in the two holes (NOT the coolant hose holes, however) to get the gunk out of it. Blow some shop air in the holes and repeat with the cleaner and the air. Let the thing totally air dry for a couple hours then re-assemble.

Not much more difficult than the air filter.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:00 PM
LT
The deer had to die!

i did this last week of august, and i liked how much better my car idled.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:46 PM
worm696

Originally Posted by maki
I am having an idle problem and would like to clean the IACV (intake air control valve).
1) How do I locate this valve on a 94 integra engine?
2) Is it as simple as removing a few bolts as it is with replacing the air filter?
idle air control valve
Old 09-28-2004, 07:02 AM
IrishBrewer

One thing I forgot to mention is that you will probably want to do this on a pretty cool engine because the valve itself will be hot as well as the coolant lines running through the valve. You will loose about a half quart to a quart of coolant when you disconnect these lines so its a good idea to have something underneath to catch it.