Notices

JDM HID install

Old 08-14-2002, 11:07 PM
bgood7061
DO IT RIGHT THE 1st TIME

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM HID install

I recently purchased a JDM ITR conversion on my 95 GSR and I ran into a problem with the HID module, which is too big to fit in JDM configuration. The ABS module on the passenger's side and the AC lines on the driver's side are in the way. My friend who installed the conversion thought that we might be able to get around the stock mounting by extending the wires from the headlight to the HID module, but unfortunately it didn't work. He said that there was a burning smell but the wire he used to extend it were okay. Anyways, the lights did not work when he extended the wires. There are too ways to approach this problem: One of them is converting the ABS and AC lines to a 98-up version so that there would be enough clearance to mount the HIDs in stock JDM configuration. This method is somewhat costly and I don't want to dip into my pockets unless it be really necessary. The other way of approaching this problem is what we tried by extending the wires from the module to the headlight so we can mount it at a lower location, but we had no success in our attempts using this method. It could be that we're using the wrong type of 10 gauge wire because the wire that comes with the HID has a much thicker coat than what we used. This is the method I'd prefer using and one of my concerns is will extending the wires will affect the quality of the HID at all (I only need to extend them about 6 inches). I would appreciate anyone's help who has gone through this type of problem with 94/95 integs or has some suggestions on what type of wire I should use. Thanks!
Old 08-14-2002, 11:46 PM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

I am not sure with the JDM conversions HIDs...but what about getting an aftermarket set of HIDs? Would those work?

Also try posting in the regular integra forum as well...more people there have done the JDM conversion on their cars there.

Good luck!
Old 08-14-2002, 11:48 PM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

OOPS

I just saw you did post in the regular integra board as well
Old 08-15-2002, 01:04 AM
bgood7061
DO IT RIGHT THE 1st TIME

i took that into consideration because the aftermarket HIDs are actually smaller, but my friend who installed the conversion said that aftermarket HIDs are not as good in quality as the JDM ones. He said that Honda made their HIDs to last whereas the aftermarkets blow out much easier and also that he had a couple of friends with aftermarket HIDs who were not satisfied with the perfomance compared with the JDM HIDs. Overall, I guess I want to stick with the JDM HIDs.
Old 09-03-2002, 10:38 PM
ForceFedGSR

JDM Front End with HID can only be used with Type-R's and 98+ Integras due to the smaller ABS pump. It wont fit at all on the 97 down non-Type-R Integras. Its a lot of money to switch over to 98+ ABS cause to do this you need all new lines and master cylinder. Harnesses and such since the ABS computer is different and so are all the hard lines. Should of just got the Non-HID and went with an aftermarked HID kit.
Old 09-03-2002, 11:54 PM
bgood7061
DO IT RIGHT THE 1st TIME

Hey ForceFedGSR,

What about the driver's side with the AC lines...My cousin gots a 00 GSR and it's the same as mine....how is the ballast supposed to fit on that side...I've heard of people just removin the AC all together but i don't wanna have to do that. I might go ahead and go with aftermarket HIDs but i wanna stay true to jdm as much as possible!

Thanks for the input and killer ride man...how are rev hard turbos anyway? Did you have to do any block-work with your turbo setup???
Old 09-03-2002, 11:59 PM
ForceFedGSR

You can bend the AC lines so they will clear. My kit started off as a revhard turbo kit but now its all custom. I actually have a type-R block wit Arias 9:1 pistons, eagle rods, Precision PT60 turbo with inlinePRO SS manifold, JG/Edelbrock intake manifold. RC 440cc injectors with vortech FMU and a Apex-i A-AFC, Type-R ECU,Greddy Profec-B, Type-S BOV, HKS WG, BBK intank fuel pump and ARP headstuds....hmm...probably other things I can't remember right now. Running 1 bar daily driven.
Old 09-04-2002, 12:06 AM
bgood7061
DO IT RIGHT THE 1st TIME

Dope...but won't bending the lines damage them??? The only part in the way is that cap on the line. I'm afraid of actually bend them enough that th line folds and doesn't allow anything to go through from the cylinder.
Old 09-04-2002, 12:08 AM
ForceFedGSR

Just have to be really careful...it can and has been done.
Old 09-04-2002, 12:09 AM
bgood7061
DO IT RIGHT THE 1st TIME

coo thanks for tha help man!!!!

Quick Reply: JDM HID install