Notices

1997 INTEGRA GS...A good buy?

Old 09-21-2004, 06:29 PM
Mr. IROC-Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 INTEGRA GS...A good buy? (PICS INSIDE)

Hi Guys,
I am going to purchase the following car for $6900. I test drove it the other day and it is a pretty sweet ride. Oh ya...it has 81k miles.
The body is 98% straight. I only noticed one small ding on the driver door, and a paint chip on the rear fender.
The engine compartment is fairly clean.
The damn car is very loud though. I think I may need to replace the performance muffler with a stock one. When you are in the car, you can feel the resonance of the exhaust...kinda cool, but also kinda annoying.

The other issue that I did notice was that the ABS and the SRS lights were on.
It looks like he added larger rotors to the car. Could this cause the ABS lights to turn on?
Also, it seems that they had taken off the door panels before to install speakers and the arm rests have wrinkles in them.
How much would it cost to replace door panels?

Here is what the car is coming with:

-- ** DC sports 4-1 ceramic header ** Tanabe racing medallion exhaust. ** AEM cold air intake ** Random technologies hi-flow catalytic converter (50 state legal) ** Centerforce stage II clutch & lightened flywheel with only 1,500 miles on driven on it. ** Tokico 5-way adjustable shocks ** Skunk2 adjustable coil overs ** 5zigen 17" copse rims (hyper black color) ** Power Stop Cross drilled and slotted rotors all wheels - only 1,500 miles. ** Hawks performance brake pads all wheels - only 1,500 miles. ** Earls braided steel brake lines all wheels - only 1,500 miles. ** BFGoodrich G-Force Tires ** Sparco torino racing seats-Brand New ** Sparco sportsman 4-point harnesses ** Skunk2 Short shifter ** Momo Shadow shift knob ** Rear Spoiler ** Windshield newly replaced. Runs very sweet, moves on a rail, and looks so fine. ** No backseat. ** Buyer will provide their own stereo and security systems.

Old 09-21-2004, 06:37 PM
1jz gte_ jza70
rhd the only way to be!!!

its not worth it for the price you can find better for cheaper!
Old 09-21-2004, 06:55 PM
Mr. IROC-Z

Hmm...better for cheaper?
I have been looking for over a month and this is the best I have seen thus far. The KBB value is $9k.

Do you have any examples of 'Better and Cheaper" that I can refrence to?

Tommy
Old 09-21-2004, 09:01 PM
GSR4444

Originally Posted by 1jz gte_ jza70
its not worth it for the price you can find better for cheaper!
Where? I live in WA also, so the prices i have found aren't based on location. I think that is a fair price, you can probably talk om down to 6500. I searched for over a year for an Integra, best i found was a 95 gsr with 50k for 8500. I think 6500 for a gs with 80k is a fair deal. I would do it.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:10 PM
Mr. IROC-Z

Originally Posted by GSR4444
Where? I live in WA also, so the prices i have found aren't based on location. I think that is a fair price, you can probably talk om down to 6500. I searched for over a year for an Integra, best i found was a 95 gsr with 50k for 8500. I think 6500 for a gs with 80k is a fair deal. I would do it.
Ya..from what I have seen, this seems to be a good price. Here is California, it is hard to find 'CLEAN' integras in this price range. All the ones I have seen have dents or the paint sucks, or somthing else is wrong with it. It is hard to find someone who trully looks after their car...someone who is a car guy like I am.

The seats alone are worth $1200, they are brand new, and plus new tires/rims/shocks/exhaust..all that crap...

Thanks for your opinions guys!

Tommy
Old 09-21-2004, 10:24 PM
optionintegra

hey iroc buy it bro that looks and sounds like a good car for the price
Old 09-22-2004, 11:53 AM
TrUeBrEaKeRz

Sounds good with all the mods, but I rather have a stock GS-R. You can get one for about 5,000 but thats only where I live...
Old 09-22-2004, 03:49 PM
Mr. IROC-Z

Believe me, if I could find a stock GS-R for $5k, I would not be here right now...hehe. Most of the GS-R's I see in the $6k range are Salvaged, or they have been abused like a motherfckuer.

In any case, how much HP do you think this car has now...with the AEM intake/headers/free flow cat/Tannabe muffler?
It feels fairly quick and strong throughout the RPM range...a fun car to drive!

Thanks,
Tommy
Old 09-22-2004, 06:08 PM
1jz gte_ jza70
rhd the only way to be!!!

I guess you have to know people to get good prices. Right now I hae a friend in the process of selling a gs-r with a 98 jdm itr swap, 5 lug conversion, APEX'i header and APEX'i gt spec cat back, MSD 6AL, APEX'i super AFC II, Tein coilovers, Mugen sturt tower braces f/r, Skunk2 stage 3 cams, Mugen valve springs....... there are a few more parts to the list but hes only asking like 5k. I don't know if thats for me or a price for all, but I'msure it's all.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:12 PM
GSR4444

Originally Posted by 1jz gte_ jza70
I guess you have to know people to get good prices. Right now I hae a friend in the process of selling a gs-r with a 98 jdm itr swap, 5 lug conversion, APEX'i header and APEX'i gt spec cat back, MSD 6AL, APEX'i super AFC II, Tein coilovers, Mugen sturt tower braces f/r, Skunk2 stage 3 cams, Mugen valve springs....... there are a few more parts to the list but hes only asking like 5k. I don't know if thats for me or a price for all, but I'msure it's all.
Yes, you do have to know people to get good prices, because when you can get good prices, but the only reason the prices are good is because it has been highly modded, so you assume it has had the crap beat out of it. But then if you know somebody, who has a modded car, and you know how they drive it, you can get a good price, since they won't be able to sell it to anybody else for any better of a price, since most people will assume it has been raced.