Notices

Spark plug and coil question

Old 08-25-2004, 10:19 AM
IntegraType-R
ALL MOTOR KING

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spark plug and coil question

hey i replaced the coil inside of my 97 GS-R, and i'm still learning and such and forgot the way the plugs went back on the cap, i have another 91 ls and it goes in this order from top left to top right, 1 cyl and 2cyl, bottom left to right is 4 cyl to 3 cyl is this right or is it the other way around.. also is the whole distruibuter suppose to be flush with the head as u put it on or as u tighten it.. cause its fine when i tighten it but when i tried to crack it a second ago it sound great but then i guess when it came to the 3rd and 4th cyl it made a grinding noise no i know thats not good but could my 3rd and 4th plugs be mixed up or is my cap not all the way in.. help i 'd like to know now!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-25-2004, 10:24 AM
IntegraType-R
ALL MOTOR KING

Also.. lemme ask if this is agood combo.. i have a Type-R block built up, b18c5, with a build up Gs-R head and mani, with a p72 ecu.. sound like a good base to start with?
Old 08-25-2004, 05:50 PM
IntegraType-R
ALL MOTOR KING

The wiring is horrible, this is a OBDII car with OBDI Wiring guy had plan to go hondata but did a horrible job of converting... looks like i'm goin to have to do some jimmy rigging, btw it wasn't the coil, only other thing it could be is the igintor.. i hope i pray to god it is.. if it isn't i'm in some deep ass crap..
Old 08-27-2004, 07:24 AM
IntegraType-R
ALL MOTOR KING

Timing jumped but i checked and didn't bend any valves so hopefully since i got a new gs-r timing belt, put it on and line up timing it'll be fine.