Notices

What parts to buy for ITR???

Old 08-18-2004, 05:32 PM
PikkaGTR
Power of Dreams

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What parts to buy for ITR???

I have about 500 lying around and i need some suggestions on what to buy for my ITR.
im kinda narrowing it down to a few things
i have only one modification and its a stainless 4-1 DC header
i was thinking to get a CF hood, thats about 350-400
what should i get. CF hood, AEM CAI, new tires Kumhos 712s or azenis??
thanks for the replys inadvance guys
Old 08-19-2004, 06:45 AM
bbasso

Either the classifieds on this site or H-T.
some really great deals to be found but you need to put effort into getting them.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:40 AM
sensei

Get yourself a CAI, or catback exhaust.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:05 PM
captainzorg

Originally Posted by sensei
Get yourself a CAI, or catback exhaust.
I agree. This will be a good start. I also reccomend HID's. I love mine, one of my favorite mod's to date.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:41 PM
R-Rated

Save it up and buy some TEINs. But if you want something now, Comptech Icebox.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:28 AM
bbasso

HID was the best thing other then the Honda widow visors I have put on the car.
I could not beleive that I drove around for 3.5 years with those crap ass stock headlights

Pick up a good hid kit thats plug and play and you'll never regret it.

as for power mods... I guess the oem jdm 4-1 (with heat sheild) smsp test pipe and bottle neck adapter was the most usable and noticable power mod yet. and the price was just around 500 maybe a bit more.

If I were you I'd save some money and get a used HID kit, and spend the rest on going to a HPDE. now thats were you will learn to make the car faster
Old 08-23-2004, 06:40 PM
WhatNow
n00b

i would probably complete the exhaust setup 1st.. cai and susp are good too.. the nice thing about itr's is ya dont need to worry about rear brake conversions..
Old 08-25-2004, 11:52 AM
SRD_DC2

I would say to get a cat-back exhaust, considering you have headers already. Depending on what your intentions are with the car, would save up and beef up the handling next...it is a ITR afterall.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:42 AM
1CoolR

If you've narrowed down your selections to those listed, my choice for recommendation would be the Azenis.
The CF hood is really a cosmetic item, at least on my ITR, because I can't feel any performance gain, other than a lightened wallet. I have a Icebox, not a AEM, but again, not much more than an aural improvement, or detriment, based upon your perspective.
I've had both the Kumhos and Azenis (in different sizes), but the Azenis are a fun tire, that you can use to baseline all of your future suspension upgrades.
Old 08-30-2004, 05:40 PM
CanadianR

Originally Posted by 1CoolR
If you've narrowed down your selections to those listed, my choice for recommendation would be the Azenis.
The CF hood is really a cosmetic item, at least on my ITR, because I can't feel any performance gain, other than a lightened wallet. I have a Icebox, not a AEM, but again, not much more than an aural improvement, or detriment, based upon your perspective.
I've had both the Kumhos and Azenis (in different sizes), but the Azenis are a fun tire, that you can use to baseline all of your future suspension upgrades.
I agree with the azenis suggestion. That was my first mod, and will give you the most noticeable improvement, if you are currently on tires that are less stellar than the stock RE010's that is. If you are on RE010's and they are still in good shape the difference won't be that great. My car had crappy Falken Ziex 512's on it when i bought it; what a difference between those and the Azenis.