Notices

Damn anti-theft stereo! any ideas?

Old 08-12-2002, 12:56 PM
rb6teg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn anti-theft stereo! any ideas?

Well, the other night I had to jump my car....I left a light on by accident.....and it turns out that in order to get my stereo to play again, I have to enter a 5 digit code, that's supposed to be on a card that Acura gave me when I bought my car.

The problem is, that Acura never gave me that card, and so I called them to get the code, and they proceeded to tell me basically 'that sucks for you, well have to charge you 33.50 to pull your stereo and get the numbers'......................

So, what they're telling me is that because THEY never gave me a audio system card, it's still MY fault that I dont have the code, and they wont do it free.....I'm sorry but that's complete BS.

If any of you know an easy way to find out my code, let me know.....

Thanks
Old 08-12-2002, 03:06 PM
stumpyf4

You can pull the deck yourself and get the serial number on the back. They will cross reference this with the security code.

I haven't tried but maybe a small mirror behind the deck will allow you to see the serial number with pulling the deck.

Marty.
Old 08-12-2002, 03:15 PM
XSrcing

there is no light back there to see the number. if you get the number yourself, all they have to do is plug it in on some website(that only service advisors know how to get to) and that will tell you the code.
Old 08-12-2002, 03:54 PM
b00gers

thats weak.

call any ACURA dealer...are you sure they cant do it from the VIN?
Old 08-12-2002, 04:29 PM
jgrotkier
AIM SN: Johann14420

you don't have to pull out the head unit to get the serial number.

lay on your back on the passenger side floor and look under the radio, you can see it with no problem (with a flashlight). I'm sure the people at the stealership know that, so they charge 33.50 for nothing basically....
Old 08-13-2002, 05:09 AM
el diablo
Jeeebus......Help Me!!!!!

Originally posted by WiLL
thats weak.

call any ACURA dealer...are you sure they cant do it from the VIN?
Yes they can do that. Thats how I got mine. They run the vin to see which acura dealer the car was originally purchased from then get the radio code from them. At least thats what the lady at West Chester Acura told me when I called to mine. It was free and she did it over the phone.:thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 08-13-2002, 05:13 AM
95'IntegraSE

same happened to me, lay on your back with flashlight and you will be able to see the code.
you don't even have to go to the dealership, you can call and they will give it to you.:jlammy:
Old 08-13-2002, 05:41 AM
white lightnin

Hmm, I still have my old tape deck from my teg. Probably be a ***** to hook up though due to former stereo installation. Stupid crappy former owner...stupid ***** azz thieves:madfawk:
Old 08-13-2002, 07:59 AM
rb6teg

ok, so I went in underneath and foudn 3 different codes.....

one is the model #, one is the ref. #, and there was one other code on a random chord..........now what do I do about getting my 5 digit code???

somebody said there's a website....none of you know this website??? that would be so much easier than going through my acura dealership, which gave me the run around on this whole thing........thanks again
Old 08-13-2002, 06:53 PM
GSR_PSI

No. You have to get the serial # off the back of your CD player.

Call your acura dealer tell them that serial #. They will give you the code. They have some website ONLY THEY have ACCESS to. You cannot get access to it!