Notices

why does the "maint req" light blink?

Old 07-30-2004, 09:24 AM
lilcoldcrush

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why does the "maint req" light blink?

For a few days the "maint req" light blinks about 10 times when i first turn on my car and then turns off. i do a tune up ever few thousand miles and the car runs perfect. it doesn't make any noises and was looking around under the hood yesterday. should i pay any attention to it? what can it be? if anyone has any info on this, i would really appreciate it, thanks.
Old 07-30-2004, 09:46 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

The light blinks on startup to remind you that you're due for some form of scheduled maintenance. Either perform the maintenance as appropriate for your mileage - or have it done at your Acura mechanic.

(Checking your owner's manual would have told you all of this - and it also shows the schedule for service. )

Do not ignore it.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 07-30-2004, 09:53 AM
lilcoldcrush

yesterday i did some maintenance on it just like you guys mentioned. i changed oil filter, oil, sparkplugs, air filter, changed the fluids in the car, but i'll have a look at the manual and see what other things i can do maintenance on it. yeah i know what you mean by "payday" for the mechanics. if i can't find anything on the manual i'll have to take it to them. thanks for the help though
Old 07-30-2004, 10:06 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by lilcoldcrush
yesterday i did some maintenance on it just like you guys mentioned. i changed oil filter, oil, sparkplugs, air filter, changed the fluids in the car, but i'll have a look at the manual and see what other things i can do maintenance on it. yeah i know what you mean by "payday" for the mechanics. if i can't find anything on the manual i'll have to take it to them. thanks for the help though

Well, if you've performed all the work they recommend, then I'll tell you how to reset that light.

Look underneath the dash, to the right of the steering collumn. You'll see a small button about 1cm square...I think it's green if memory serves.
Turn your key to the ON position and hold that button in - I believe for about 2 seconds. The light should go out.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 07-30-2004, 10:30 AM
lilcoldcrush

thanks for the info guys, i checked on the owner's manual and it had the directions you guys mentioned about the button once the maintenance has been done. i really appreciate it. thanks once again
Old 07-30-2004, 01:26 PM
OregonHusker

That light blinks like that every 7500(?) miles whether or not you have changed your oil or performed any other maintenance.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:48 AM
Tobra

It is mileage dependant, it light has no idea if you did the work
Old 08-04-2004, 05:37 PM
lilcoldcrush

Thanks everyone for the help, I really appreciate it.