Notices

Questions about my drop.

Old 07-22-2004, 01:34 AM
tommy1223

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about my drop.

Alright...i'm about to order me some Eibach Pro-Kits right now and i have some thigns that i need to clearify because i get tons of different responses from the threads i read from my search. For those who has experience with these particular springs please do help.If you dont konw please dont post this is critical. My life savings is on the line here. ( yes i am serious )

1. Do i need to cut bump stops? (some say yes soem say no and some say it comes with bump stops when u order the springs so u can use them instead of stock.)

2.Will i need stronger struts other than OEM? (40K miles on my car, how much longer will it last)

3. Camber kit? ( if yes, what's cheap and good?)

4. Alinement? ( most likely yes)

Thanks for those who contributed.
***EDIT*** I have Stock LS mesh Rims
Old 07-22-2004, 02:48 AM
ls_101
integra fs

1.depends on tire size
2.not for a while
3.yes
4.must
Old 07-22-2004, 02:36 PM
dom93hatch
more meat, more fire

:werd:

But to expand:

1) ...

2) May/may not need new shocks. My car is a daily driver and I hardly race it or do extremely spirited driving, so I don't see the need yet for aftermarket shocks/struts. It depends on what you want out of it. Your shocks *might* blow eventually, so it's not a bad idea to get a set of shocks.

3) For the front, yes. For the rears, do the washer trick. I have an Ingalls front kit, but not put on yet. A lot of people like the Skunk2 kit.

4) Always get an alignment after any suspension mods. Don't be like me, I ruined my tires after 5 months of being lowered without an alignment and became $200 poorer because I had to buy new tires.
Old 07-22-2004, 07:33 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

1. I didn't have to.
2.Aftermarket shocks help alot, so yes.
3. Highly recommended. I have Skunk 2 in the front. They work well but are a bitch to align and a little pricey. Ingalls in the rear are all you need. They are easy to adjust and relatively cheap.
4. Definitely. New tires are pricey and handling will suffer big time if your alignment is out of whack.

Good luck. Post some pics when you are done.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:51 PM
yourmom25

Uhh, my answers are the opposite of everyone here. How many of you actually have Integras with a Prokit? *raises hand*.

1. Yes cut your bumpstops. 1/4 off is a good amount. This is only logical.
2. You can ride on stock shocks for a while at least a year. Unless you want to return the ride to a stock feel, stock shocks will last a long long time. I'm running on 18months with stockers. I've known people on 2.0" drops that are fine with stockers. A general rule of thumb is if it's less than 1.5" drop, you're stock shocks are fine. I work on Integras and Subaru WRXs all the time and I've never known of any other case. I'd save the money for the year or so until your shocks blow then get new aftermarket shocks.
3. No camber kit necessary. It's such a small drop, you will waste your money. Camber kits are only necessary on Eibach Sportlines and even then only in the rear.
4. Alignment is necessary but wait 2 weeks for the springs to fully settle in.

Ok Now that your questions are answered, this is what you should do. Install your springs, using stock or aftermarket shocks depending on what you want. Cut the bumpstops 1/4 off. Wait 2 or so weeks. Go get an alignment. If the numbers show your camber is out of recommended range, THEN and only then get a camber kit. Only dumbasses try to fix a problem that isn't there. Do this and I guarantee you'll be fine.

Also I'm on stock LS mesh rims too. I can post pics if ya'll want because I love posting pics. Hehe.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:04 AM
tommy1223

for the guy who loves posting pics, DO POST!!!