Notices

other TEIN coilovers besides SS

Old 07-20-2004, 12:58 PM
ZiGeNX77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default other TEIN coilovers besides SS

Hey all. I just bought a used GS-R and I am dying for a suspension set up. I am considering TEINs but I don't know which ones are what. TEIN seems to automatically go with SS around these forums, I haven't heard people mentioning other types.

There is someone selling TEIN NA coilovers for ~$450. What is your take on this? Thanks!
Old 07-21-2004, 10:24 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Type NA? I don't see them listed on TEIN's webpage...that make me suspicious of your seller...:eh:

If they're the Type HA dampers, then IMO, they're too firm for a street application.

I went with SS system because of it's greater range in damping tuning.
On 7/16 front, 7/16 rear, the ride is firm but not too crashy or abusive.
For road assault, I switch up to 9/16 front, 13/16 rear.

Even with the stock LS rear anti-roll bar, turn-in is razor sharp, and the car is suprisingly free of understeer. Things will no doubt improve with the new Eibach A/R bars I'm ordering.

At any rate, check TEIN's product listings...and caveat emptor.
http://www.tein.com/products.html

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 07-21-2004, 12:11 PM
ZiGeNX77

Yeah I thought that was a bit unusual too. I typed in TEIN NA in Google and the first link is to Rod Millen sports webpage, and it lists the NA coilovers. Since I don't know much about coilovers, I don't know how to analyze these. They seem good, adjustable shocks and springs. Here is the link I found:
http://www.rodmillenstore.com/tein/na.htm

Originally Posted by NorCal DC4
Type NA? I don't see them listed on TEIN's webpage...that make me suspicious of your seller...:eh:

If they're the Type HA dampers, then IMO, they're too firm for a street application.

I went with SS system because of it's greater range in damping tuning.
On 7/16 front, 7/16 rear, the ride is firm but not too crashy or abusive.
For road assault, I switch up to 9/16 front, 13/16 rear.

Even with the stock LS rear anti-roll bar, turn-in is razor sharp, and the car is suprisingly free of understeer. Things will no doubt improve with the new Eibach A/R bars I'm ordering.

At any rate, check TEIN's product listings...and caveat emptor.
http://www.tein.com/products.html
Old 07-21-2004, 08:56 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Sadly, the link doesn't work.... connection refused.
I even tried googling to get the same results...no dice.

In the end, my recommendation is to start with the manufacturer's site and from there, find a vendor that is an authorised retailer. That's how I bought mine, and the experience I had was fantastic.

From the TEIN USA site... I found Fine Line Imports in Santa Rosa ... a great little shop who handled the install of my TEIN SS coilovers. While they spun the wrenches, I was in a cafč, writing and thus earning money. FLI, despite its small size, is the pinnacle of professionalism and I heartily recommend them.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 07-22-2004, 11:04 PM
yourmom25

http://www.tein.com/

There's the manufacturer's website. SS is the softest spring rate they have, which is no stiffer than a Type R spring. Everything is else is upwards of 780f/580r or something like that, which is a very high rate.

Since you just got a new Teg, it seems as if you don't know much about spring rates, how different ones feel, and such. Do research and ride with people who have the setups you are looking at. Being in SoCal, everyone there has a modded Integra so you're bound to find someone. Springs/coilovers are different beasts. Figure out what it is you want. Buying a pair of used Tein NAs (which don't exist) then figuring you don't like them ebcause you've done no research whatsoever will piss you off because you just wasted money and 5hrs installing the setup once.

***content edited***

One more note, all of Tein's stuff with the exception of the SS is made for ITR LCAs which are different than a GSR or LS LCA. Keep that in mind as well.

Last edited by NorCal DC4; 07-24-2004 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Derisive Content Removed.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:56 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Haven't we discussed this sort of derisive posting before? :squint:

Our Integra Forum is far more useful than you make it out to be.

Since you've been registered for barely two months, I'd suggest you keep an open mind and not make disparaging remarks about our forums.

We put a hell of a lot of work into running this board, and yet we don't charge you a cent.

Feel free to suggest other web resources, but please refrain from diminshing our work in the process.

Tread carefully, sir.

Last edited by NorCal DC4; 07-23-2004 at 09:20 AM.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:56 AM
ZiGeNX77

What do u mean the link doesn't work? Try it again: http://www.rodmillenstore.com/tein/na.htm

I click on the page and it works fine. It lists TEIN NAs on the Rod Millen Store, but on the main TEIN site there is no NAs listed as one of their products which confuses me.

Well I am not new to springs/shocks since I've been riding on them on my Accord for 5 years or so, but coilovers is a bit new. But I will definately take that advice to research them before buying them. I don't wanna be stuck with a ride that I don't want. Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by NorCal DC4
Sadly, the link doesn't work.... connection refused.
I even tried googling to get the same results...no dice.

In the end, my recommendation is to start with the manufacturer's site and from there, find a vendor that is an authorised retailer. That's how I bought mine, and the experience I had was fantastic.

From the TEIN USA site... I found Fine Line Imports in Santa Rosa ... a great little shop who handled the install of my TEIN SS coilovers. While they spun the wrenches, I was in a cafč, writing and thus earning money. FLI, despite its small size, is the pinnacle of professionalism and I heartily recommend them.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:20 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

The link worked this time...go figure. :dunno:

Well, based on my experience, TEIN certainly builds quality components.

The question I have is where does this product fit in their lineup?
Is it biased for firm damping and competition use like the N1 damper...or is it intended for applications where a smooth ride is still expected?

*EDIT*
I found an older mag advert, one that showed the NA damper as being slightly biased toward a softer ride. But since there's no mention of the NA line on their website, I suspect the NA may have been retired.

Originally Posted by ZiGeNX77
What do u mean the link doesn't work? Try it again: http://www.rodmillenstore.com/tein/na.htm

I click on the page and it works fine. It lists TEIN NAs on the Rod Millen Store, but on the main TEIN site there is no NAs listed as one of their products which confuses me.

Well I am not new to springs/shocks since I've been riding on them on my Accord for 5 years or so, but coilovers is a bit new. But I will definately take that advice to research them before buying them. I don't wanna be stuck with a ride that I don't want. Thanks for the info!

Old 07-23-2004, 01:10 PM
ZiGeNX77

Yeah good call. They must have discontinued it if it isn't on their offical site. Fishy from the start. I'm gonna skip on these just in case... thanks for the feedback!
Old 07-23-2004, 03:23 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

No sweat. As a substitute, let me give my resounding :bigok: endorsement for their Super Street Damper System. As I mentioned earlier, it has a wide range of adjusment, and has transformed the DC4.