Notices

Brake Bleeding HELP!

Old 07-15-2004, 11:13 AM
pirate252

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Bleeding HELP!

I just got done changing my lines, rotors and pads, and am now bleeding the system with a one man brake bleeding kit with a vacum pump.

I have gone though a liter of fluid already and am still on the first caliper, wtf?? should it be taking this much fluid on the first caliper to get all the air out, there isnt even much fluid coming out in the hose, its mostly air, even after a liter of fluid has already gone though the system.

Please tell me what i could be doing wrong!

I am keeping the master cylender closed
Old 07-15-2004, 11:57 AM
Tobra

If it is a vacuum pump, you need to keep topping up the reservoir. You will use a fair amount when doing new lines, takes time to suck all the air out, then the bubles. The remaining calipers will not take as much. Sometimes if you let it sit for a while, the air bubbles will sort of settle out, go have a cup of coffee and try later
Old 07-15-2004, 12:15 PM
teg_fan
I like integra's

ya, u need to constantly fill the resavoir when you are doing this. What you are looking for when you are using the vavuum pump is clear (new) fluid coming through the lines. Once you are sucking clear fluid through each caliper, the system is bled and all new fluid is in your lines. You MUST make sure the the resavoir is full the whole time or you will suck air into the lines, and that could take a while to get out. When me and my friend bled his brakes, we definately didnt take a liter out of any of the calipers. Just enough fluid that the lines can hold basically, and that isnt that much.
Old 07-15-2004, 05:28 PM
b00gers

what everyone else said. it might be hard being a one man job. its always easier for someone to man the brakes, and another to watch the reservior.