Notices

New to this forum, please help

Old 07-12-2004, 04:16 PM
Mike3487

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to this forum, please help

Hello everyone! just registered, seems like a cool site

Well I have a '97 GSR with 63,000. The AC wasn't working anymore, and knowing I still have warranty I take it in to Acura because I needed maintenance anyways and they tell me I need a new hose, that it WON'T be covered, and they gave me this outrageous price. Isn't the hose supposed to be covered? Will everywhere I go give me an outrageous price? What's the standard price?

Also when I first got my car I lowered it with nuespeed race springs. But for about the past 2 years the handling has become worse and worse as has the car bouncing up and down on the road from bumps. How can I fix this bouncing problem? Shocks? Strut bar?
Old 07-12-2004, 04:19 PM
EVO VIII
Imports over Domestic

Tell Acura to fu*k off and fix it under warranty. damn car companies trying to get out of warranty work. I would fight that...inless the motor has been modifed quit a bit and they voided your warranty.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:04 PM
Mike3487

Nope no other work done, just the lowering

They gave me this excuse about how an AC hose isn't on the "warranty list", some "list" of everything that is warrantied they have and this wasn't included er some sh*it. How would I go about fighting it? Since when is the AC hose a wareable part?

What about my handling? It is real shotty. I've heard its because when I got it lowered I didn't get shocks or strut bars...
Old 07-12-2004, 05:30 PM
honura
Seni

Nah depending on the nue speed spring some of them suck. They settle and ride like shit. You should get some tien or Sportline springs. Shocks get some Koni yellows. And you will be good to go. Tell Acura to give you the list of parts that are covered. That hose is not a ware problem. Try to take a pictures of the hose and see if someone on this board will sell it to you. Westcoaststyle might still have a beat up teg laying around. Goodluck.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:21 AM
tegryder23
cgp dc4

Just take the AC out man, saves you weight but that is pretty stupid that they wont cover that. And you're problem should be fixed by new shocks. The majority of stock shocks on lowered cars last 1-2 years so you'r shocks are probably blown.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:08 AM
yourmom25

On Neuspeed race, the drop is so aggressive that stock shocks can't handle the damping duties. You need new shocks, and I wouldnt skimp on them. You'll need either Koni Yellows or Tokico Illuminas. In my experience, those are the most comfortable and best matched shocks for the Neuspeed Race.

How are you still under warranty? Unless you have extended coverage, most warranties don't last 7 years or 67000 miles. And if it is under warranty, your AC hose should be so take it to the man.

Also, please don't follow tegryder23's advice, living in a Cali, you'll need AC sometimes and taking it out to save weight is retarded unless your Integra is stripped for racing. Please be joking when you give out advice like that.