Notices

Integra Type R

Old 07-06-2004, 07:48 AM
dave0508
hazards23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integra Type R

Im About To Buy A Type R But The Only Thing Is This Car Got Brokin In To 4 Times How Easy Is It To Take One Its A 2001 It Has That Chip But For What I Heard It Dont Mean A Thing
Old 07-06-2004, 08:19 AM
yourmom25

1) learn to type and punctuate; people are less likely to answer your question if it sounds and looks like an 8 year old typed it
2) wrong forum; this should be in the Integra Type-R forum
3) to answer your question, Integras are easy to break into, second only to Honda Civics. Everyone with an Integra needs to relocate the hood release cable and do a fuel cutoff switch. For more info on this, register at team-integra.net and look in the articles section on this.
Old 07-06-2004, 11:47 PM
PikkaGTR
Power of Dreams

does the car have a clean title
i'd not settle for it if its salvaged, but unless they give you a crazy deal
go for it
you'll instanty fall in love with the car
i love mine!!!!
haha
Old 07-07-2004, 04:32 AM
George Knighton

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dave0508
How Easy Is It To Take One Its A 2001 It Has That Chip But For What I Heard It Dont Mean A Thing
The immobiliser chip does mean something, but the ITR is a very desirable car to steal.

If you live in any kind of metro area at all, it's important that you provide for the car's security. I still commute in mine occasionally, but I am able to park where the car's under constant surveillance.

There's no way to permanently protect an ITR except keeping yourself and your own people around it all the time. So it's not a first use vehicle of choice, if you ask me.

You can do a lot with common sense, of course. The white and black cars will attract less attention than the yellow ones. Don't act like the biggest, baddest racer in town. Don't brag about the car or your driving skills. Be careful of the people you choose to have surrounding you.

That kind of thing will help.

But if you're a young person buying an ITR as a daily commuter in a metro area, honestly, it's just not the best idea.