Notices

Couple Of Questions

Old 04-30-2004, 11:26 AM
Beezle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple Of Questions

I'm going to be getting my license in about a month and I was thinking of getting a 2000 Integra LS. I just have a couple questions of what you think....

They don't make GS-R automatic right? If they only make it stick, is it really worth getting the GS-R over the GS? I've never droven stick so if I did get it I would have to have someone teach me.

Any suggestions of what year/model integra you really like I would appreciate it. Also if you know any good sites about Integras that would be great.
Old 04-30-2004, 12:27 PM
shivers
Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by Beezle
Also if you know any good sites about Integras that would be great.
... you're posting on one right now.

You may want to consider getting a car that is a bit older than a 2000 MY due to insurance, limited driving experience, etc.
Old 04-30-2004, 12:58 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

What's your price range?
Old 04-30-2004, 01:10 PM
Solracer
NASA-VA Hyper-Announcer

Get the GS-R Every human who drives should no how to drive a stick, a friend of mine about died becuase his mother could not drive a stick and the could not call the hospitale becase of a power outage during a storm (lost phones).

The GS-R has more power than a GS/LS/RS and generally holds its value a little beter.. beside VTEC is good...
Old 04-30-2004, 02:06 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get a gsr and learn to drive stick... I learned by buying my first manual car and just poking around the nighborhood until i got the hang of it... it only took a day or two.

The gsr will be much more fun, and should resale higher.
Old 04-30-2004, 03:23 PM
Patman015
Gold Member

gs-rs are great. The extra hp and tq will impress even the unimpressable. take a honda civic and you'll need to shift into 4th each time you go up an incline. take any integra and you wont have to. sticks are a trick to drive in the snow, and you have to learn that revving too high in the winter time can mean bad business. somebody can take you out driving a stick, but nobody can really TELL or SHOW you how to do it. once u get in one and take it out a while, you'll get it naturally. dont think about shifting or stalling, because if u do, then ull stall or mis-shift. gs-rs are known for revving easy and high tho, just be careful. even if u dont get a gs-r, try a stick. if you dont like it, then when u sell it, get an auto...traffic is fun too
Old 04-30-2004, 05:52 PM
Beezle

What's your price range?
Thanks for the replies. My price range is around $10k. I have to get it from a dealership because my parents will be buying it for me and they don't have $10k just to lay out all at once.

EDIT: I forgot to ask this....is the back of the 2 door big enough to fit 4 people comfortably? Or is it kinda tight in the back? Thanks for the help.
Old 04-30-2004, 06:23 PM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

What can they lay all out at once?
Old 04-30-2004, 09:10 PM
Beezle

Right now they got about $1300 saved but in the summer I'm going to get a job and save some of my money also to put with theres. So hopefully around August/September it'll be around $3000.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:47 PM
Beezle

I was looking on Yahoo auto section for Integras and I found a 1998 manual GS, 66,931 miles. It says good overall exterior and interior condition for $1500. I'll have to go check it out. There's gotta be something wrong with it for so cheap.

Quick Reply: Couple Of Questions