Notices

Good set of headlights

Old 04-06-2004, 09:53 PM
chahsiubow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good set of headlights

Anyone recommend a specific brand of headlights? I have some crappy low end model Sylvanias in my teg right now and they're crap when pulling into streets with very little street lights. I'm looking for something either white or blue in color because I'm tired of the pale yellow my car gives off. I've heard many good things about the Sylvania Silverstars, but my friend who runs them say they dull fast.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:58 PM
b00gers

i had the silverstars. they happened to burn out at the same time a month back. i ordered a new set, and am waiting to put them in. im looking for a dark road so i can compare them to the OEM ones.

if you are planning to get them, theres a guy on here that sells the pair for ~$25. sweeet deal.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:23 PM
theguy387

yeah Ive had silverstars on two of my cars and they keep that white look to it. they last a pretty long time and give pretty good lighting.
Old 04-08-2004, 01:46 PM
androoloo
androoloo

Originally Posted by WiLL
i had the silverstars. they happened to burn out at the same time a month back. i ordered a new set, and am waiting to put them in. im looking for a dark road so i can compare them to the OEM ones.

if you are planning to get them, theres a guy on here that sells the pair for ~$25. sweeet deal.
Who is he? I am interested in getting some.
Old 04-08-2004, 02:10 PM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

I had PIAA bulbs in my gsr before I put in the HIDs and they lasted almost three years. I put Silverstars in my wife's Accord and they lasted lass than a year so I went back to regular halogen. If the Silverstars burn out so quickly it is better to shell out the money on the PIAAs IMO.
Old 04-08-2004, 02:15 PM
Shore 96 Teg
I miss my 93 VTEC Lude :(

Originally Posted by DVPGSR
I had PIAA bulbs in my gsr before I put in the HIDs and they lasted almost three years. I put Silverstars in my wife's Accord and they lasted lass than a year so I went back to regular halogen. If the Silverstars burn out so quickly it is better to shell out the money on the PIAAs IMO.
On the same note I had a friend that got the PIAA Super Plasmas and they burnt out in 6 months. My guess is your Silver stars were a fluke and so were his PIAAs. I say go with the Silver stars. I have them and i love em. Put them in the high beams too....soooo bright
Old 04-08-2004, 08:11 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

i have mtecs on one side and some brand showoff's on the other... i did the dual 9005 conversion so my lights are nice and bright... i like both sets equally i guess but it is hard to compare since the high beams work with the low beams instead of 1 or the other... i think i have the mtecs in the lowbeams
Old 04-08-2004, 10:04 PM
LangJai

hey, Will mind telling me where to buy them Silverstars.
Phone number, address or something =) thanks
Old 04-08-2004, 11:53 PM
b00gers

Originally Posted by LangJai
hey, Will mind telling me where to buy them Silverstars.
Phone number, address or something =) thanks

check your PM. the guy's email is SumkidwithaCL@aol.com , he posted in the for sale forum before.
Old 04-09-2004, 05:34 AM
Robstunner
y0! Vito!

PIAA are THE best headlights(xcept HID) that are out there. they give off the brightest shine. my friends has them on his G3 Teg and they look great, in all aspects. they might annoy some passerbys though

Quick Reply: Good set of headlights