Notices

17's for the R

Old 03-04-2004, 10:54 PM
K20Death

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is their a certain off-set that is better when putting 17's on the ITR. Im about to order some WORKS Emotion CR's and they come in an offset of +42 or +47. Any information would help out alot.
Old 03-05-2004, 04:12 AM
nightrider

the only information i would give you is to not order 17's for the R. :roll:
Old 03-05-2004, 11:09 AM
K20Death

Somtimes wheels can make a car look better contrary to what people tell you to do with your ITR. Stocks get old after awhile.
Old 03-05-2004, 12:11 PM
nightrider

well 17's do provide a worse ride quality so that's one of the reasons, but not the more underlying issue such as being conventional for racing or whatnot. last, but not least my R will be faster than yours!! :mrgreen:
Old 03-06-2004, 01:29 PM
K20Death

Originally Posted by nightrider
well 17's do provide a worse ride quality so:
Im pretty sure 17's provide better ride quality..?

Originally Posted by nightrider
of the reasons, but not the more underlying issue such as being conventional for racing or whatnot. last, but not least my R will be faster than yours!! :mrgreen:
Do you race your car everywhere you go? Most people dont and when they do decide to take their car to the track stock's with good rubber are superb. And if you really think a 2 inches is going to make a stock ITR faster than an ITR with 17's then your not very smart; the 17's Im getting weigh 2 lbs more than stock ITR rims. :roll:
Old 03-06-2004, 03:58 PM
CanadianR

Originally Posted by K20Death
Im pretty sure 17's provide better ride quality..?
No, actually they will be a bumpier/stiffer ride as the sidewall will be shorter and will cause a more jarring ride than a smaller wheel with more tire sidewall will. the handling may be improved, but that's mostly due to the increased width over a stock wheel

Originally Posted by K20Death
Do you race your car everywhere you go? Most people dont and when they do decide to take their car to the track stock's with good rubber are superb. And if you really think a 2 inches is going to make a stock ITR faster than an ITR with 17's then your not very smart; the 17's Im getting weigh 2 lbs more than stock ITR rims. :roll:
actually he IS right. The aftermarket 15" wheels most itr owners buy are 2-7 pounds lighter than the stock wheels. Plus, even a 17" wheel that weighs exactly the same as a 15" wheel will still be "heavier" when accelerating to to more mass being spread out further from the center of the wheel. It's likely not a huge difference, but he still is correct.

As far as offset goes, it really depends on the width of the wheel you are getting, i would "guess" that if it's a 17x7" wheel either the 42 or the 47 would be alright, but 47 is closer to stock offset. If it's a 7.5" wheel i'd say you'd need to go with the 47 ET.
Old 03-07-2004, 10:15 PM
nightrider

two words to wrap of what the guy before said:

rotational mass

Emerika knows what I'm talking about if he's on this board. ha haha. :mrgreen: