Notices

Some Combanationz on Suspension parts...

Old 01-14-2004, 11:42 PM
Y56ITR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

on my 01 Type R, i got Koni Shocks and Skunk2 Coilovers, and damn they ride really rough... it has like no foreplay what so ever which scares me somtimez because wen i launch off n hit a lil ditch types, my car like literally jumps. Im thinkn bout keeping the Koni Shocks and go to Ground Design or Skunk 2 lowering springs. Any other recommendations?? maybe my shocks are adjusted to tight but still, Da skunk2 is really rough. i jump off every lil bump i hit. not a smooth ride at all...
Old 01-15-2004, 07:47 AM
Dave-ROR

Originally Posted by Y56ITR
on my 01 Type R, i got Koni Shocks and Skunk2 Coilovers, and damn they ride really rough... it has like no foreplay what so ever which scares me somtimez because wen i launch off n hit a lil ditch types, my car like literally jumps. Im thinkn bout keeping the Koni Shocks and go to Ground Design or Skunk 2 lowering springs. Any other recommendations?? maybe my shocks are adjusted to tight but still, Da skunk2 is really rough. i jump off every lil bump i hit. not a smooth ride at all...
What spring rates are you using? Adjustable shocks should be set for the spring rates being used. Too stiff and the car will be harsh and will prevent the suspension from doing it's job (which is what sounds like you are tallking about). Too soft and the car is bouncy. High spring rates can also make the car feel stiff for obvious reasons.

We need more info before we can suggest a good course of action for you.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:16 AM
Jan Niemi

Originally Posted by Y56ITR
Me too!! I want foreplay from my car before I get in her!! 8)
Old 01-15-2004, 11:11 AM
jiahanhao

I dunno about any of you guys, but no foreplay doesn't scare me...
Old 01-15-2004, 10:40 PM
Y56ITR

my spring ratez?? i dunno wat you mean by my spring rates, i got a Skunk2 Coilovers with a Koni shocks. i dropped it 2 1/2 inches. but yea, i think u know what i mean by da harsh driving. Should i change to just regular lowering springs and sell my coilovers? or what? and if you need more information, what kind of information do you need?
Old 01-16-2004, 10:27 AM
e r i c s 9 9 s i

beleive the skunk2 street coilover kit is 500/500 but I could be wrong... Spring rating is what the particular spring coil was headed too... the larger the spring rating the stiffer the spring. You sure you don't have the Skunk2 Drag Launch kit? What koni struts do you have? I personally have the Ground Control Coilover kit (custom spring rates are available with GC's btw) with Koni Yellow struts. Car rights stiff/firm (I have my settings set at maybe half in front and maybe a 1/4 streigth in back) but not bumpy as hell stiff. Also, how dropped are you? The lower you lower your car obviously the rougher the ride will be cause the strut doesn't have as much room to absorb shock.
Old 01-16-2004, 05:36 PM
TypeR178

big wheels can contribute to the rough ride as can running lots of tire pressure. Sometimes suspension mods take some getting used to, if you lower the car 2.5" you have changed the geometry pretty substaintialy. Give it some time unless you think its a real safety hazard.

My spoon struts and HR's feel good to me, but not like foreplay, maybe i got ripped off :cry:
Old 01-19-2004, 05:51 PM
Y56ITR

e r i c s 9 9 s i
btw, you were close on my skunk2 coilover rates, it was 400/500