Notices

What Intake Manifold?

Old 12-27-2003, 05:12 PM
milanogsr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone know the answer. When installing a skunk2 or itr intake manifold on a gsr, is it recommended to buy an itr throttle cable and itr throttle cable braket? I already did the install, but I went and bought the cable, just seeing if its supposed to be changed out.
Old 12-29-2003, 04:33 AM
e r i c s 9 9 s i

Originally Posted by milanogsr
anyone know the answer. When installing a skunk2 or itr intake manifold on a gsr, is it recommended to buy an itr throttle cable and itr throttle cable braket? I already did the install, but I went and bought the cable, just seeing if its supposed to be changed out.
Yes you need to get the ITR throttle cable... The actual Skunk2 instructions will also recommend some ITR part numbers for a few vacuum hoses that need to be extended as well. I have those exact instructions at home that I could post up here if you need, just let me know.
Old 02-12-2004, 07:26 PM
TypeRTuner2000

Originally Posted by Dave-ROR
[quote:b54fdcfb2f="Black R"]What intake manifold is the one most commonly used by you guys? Also, which has the best quality, and the best gains, if any?

I'm thinking most of you run Skunk2 or JDM Type-R, but I just want to hear the pro's and cons for both of 'em.

Thanks in advance.
Skunk 2 is a copy of the stock ITR IM. Just use the stock one for most builds.[/quote:b54fdcfb2f]

So, if I installed a Skunk 2 intake I wouldn't see a vast improvment over stock?
Old 02-12-2004, 09:31 PM
Justin Klemgold

No you wouldn't...it is total waste of money....did you read what anyone posted? It's the same manifold as the stock Type R's...

Measure the dimensions of it...the runners, the primaries, etc etc etc...you'll understand after you do this...

Instead of asking a question like "Will it give me big gains?" do a little research and educate yourself. That way you know what to look for when purchasing a product and you don't go on someone who is not knowledgeable and just says "It gives mad horsepower yo!" When it actually doesn't and they are just talking about their ass....
Old 02-13-2004, 08:39 PM
TypeRTuner2000

Originally Posted by Justin Klemgold
No you wouldn't...it is total waste of money....did you read what anyone posted? It's the same manifold as the stock Type R's...

Measure the dimensions of it...the runners, the primaries, etc etc etc...you'll understand after you do this...

Instead of asking a question like "Will it give me big gains?" do a little research and educate yourself. That way you know what to look for when purchasing a product and you don't go on someone who is not knowledgeable and just says "It gives mad horsepower yo!" When it actually doesn't and they are just talking about their ass....
Good advice all around, but this club is my research towards educating myself about my car and parts, I knew alot already, I just wanted to get the opinion of someone others then my peers.
Thanks for the advice

meow