Notices

A question for all you AutoXer's and Track Whores

Old 11-20-2003, 10:29 AM
Opie

Now i've been reading threads on this site and in other similar sites(no shameless H-T plugs here :wink: )for a while, and I find it interesting that the Type R is such a proven track car. I originally bought the car with the understanding that it was a drag car and not for turns. I know, don't flame me, but that is honestly what I thought the car was best suited for. I would really love to go to a track event and am saving in advance for the 04' season and hopefully a track spot @ Expo 4.

Sorry if i'm rambling i'm just interested in trying everything at least once and I would love to get some back round info. Even if someone can recomend a website for me to read into track racing or the history of it. I just want to educate myself on this before I try it.

Long story short, what is everyone going to do when their R's just can't go on any further? When the chassis is cracking and the motor is burning more oil than is on the shelf @ Auto zone? What was there before the R, as far a road racing or auto x?

Thanks for reading just doing a lot of thinking lately thats all.

Opie
Old 11-20-2003, 04:08 PM
jetydosa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After my R cant go no mo'...Ill get another R!!

Youll be so happy after you come off the road course the first time in the ITR! Blows away the strip, thats for sure. Hope to see you at Expo4!
Old 11-21-2003, 08:35 AM
Jan Niemi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The R is definitely designed to turn, but coincidentally has a perfect transimission in terms of gearing for the strip as well. Either way, it's a great car.
Old 11-21-2003, 08:42 AM
bbasso

I'll rebuild my caR, and if I can't rebuld it I swap everything to another shell, and if I can't swap the motor cause its shot I'll build another one.

As for the Road course and how exciting it is- I had a Cool-aid smile for a month afterwards and thats not lie, right now I am smiling thing about the track.

For reading up on the R and road courses, try a search on Realtime Racing and see what that brings up. Other wise I'm clueless.

Sorry to be so vague, but I have been to the Q/mile plenty of times well before the track and then it was all over.

So do some good'ol searches in google, Yahoo and altavista and I'm sure your going to get plenty of reading matterial.

Good luck on saving money for Expo 4 and Local HPDEs, you won't regret it.
Old 11-21-2003, 11:37 AM
Opie

Thanks for everything guys. I just wanted some general info om course racing i'll do a couple of searches now see what i can dig up :wink:

Rob are you driving to Expo4 solo?
Old 11-21-2003, 03:18 PM
bbasso

Yup solo all the way there, Besides I have plans/thoughts to stay out west for a while :wink:
Old 11-22-2003, 06:58 AM
Dave-ROR

Opie: http://www.turnfast.com/

as for what was before the R.. well I have no R but before the GS-R I've autocrossed an Isuzu Pickup, a few miatas (none that I owned), a few Civics, a few other integras, a conquest TSi.. I've rallycrossed the Conquest TSi as well. The GS-R is the only car I've used for HPDE's though. I must say, the ITR feels so much better than my GS-R for autocrossing.. even if my TSi still owned all ITRs in G-Stock :P