Notices

greddy 18g turbo

Old 10-22-2003, 11:55 AM
IntegraAvenger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering what all i need to modifiy on a 98 itr before i put on a
greddy 18g turbo. such as engine modifications and all the things I need. I plan on runing 450cc injectors and getting a inlinepro head gasket. I was also wondering if i need a block guard.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:22 PM
ITR41

you came to the right place...lol....I have a inline pro head gasket, block gaurd, cartech FMU, missing link, dsm 450cc injectors, vafc, a greddy 18G from a GSR custom fitted to my car(charge pipe, down pipe). I run 15psi daily on that set up with 83,xxx miles on the stock internals. no problems as of yet. I am happy with the set up. I would recommend the block gaurd cause of the higher boost you can run. I ran 11psi on a AFC hack(no fmu or missing link) and had some detonation issues. switched to the set up inline pro uses on their cars and it is 100 times better. my times are in my sig. if you have anymore questions let me know. if you are near PA the shop that did mine can probably do yours too. they are really good
Old 10-23-2003, 10:13 AM
Erik B

I agreed with ITR41 till he said block guard. All that's protecting is the head which really doesn't need much protection if your not running high boost. I would re-sleeve the block to protect it which in our cars is more then likey to blow before a head (if anything). Plus a head is way cheaper to replace then a block is. Anyway what kinda power are you trying to make. You can run stock compression if you run low boost. (you'll need good tuning) Running the inlinepro will give you a little more room for error. Your lowering the compression so you'll need more boost to make the same HP as a high compression more at lower boost levels. Really it all depends on how much money you have and what kinda tuning you can do or have access to.
Old 10-23-2003, 12:02 PM
IntegraAvenger

Could i run the 1/4 mile in 11 sec. with about 300 hp. If so about how much boost would I need to do so.
Old 10-23-2003, 12:38 PM
ITR41

a block gaurd protects the sleeves not the head.

depends what turbo you run to know the boost. inline pro has made over 400whp on stock internals on the set up stated above, but don't think throwing it on is goin to get you that. on slicks high 11's can be done with 300whp but not easily. on 15psi you should be able to make 280whp with a good exhaust and DP with the 18g. I trapped at 109 on stock exahust at that boost and that is a low 12 trap speed. point is tune the shit out of it with the set up I said above and you should run very well on slicks. a 12 second car on street tires should net you 11's on slicks. the record for street tires right now in a honda is 11.8 backed up and 11.5 run once so don't plan on ripping those times off on street tires
Old 10-26-2003, 05:31 PM
IntegraAvenger

Is the fmu that comes with the greddy kit any good
Also i was wondering if you knew if that kit has a missing link
Old 10-26-2003, 08:37 PM
Jan Niemi

I believe the greddy kit doesn't have an fmu, it comes with E-manage (fuel piggyback) and bigger injectors. It will cost you about 150 for a Vortech 1:12 FMU.
Old 10-27-2003, 03:28 PM
IntegraAvenger

what about a missing link
Old 10-27-2003, 03:43 PM
ITR41

the greddy FCU will not work with the type r motor. you will run out of fuel maps at 8000rpm cause they don't make a turbo kit for a type r so you will have to use the gsr, si, or ls kit and none of their FCU's will work. the missing link is integrated in to the FCU as a voltage clamp to stop the map sensor from seeing too much voltage. also the kit comes with 310cc injectors that limit boost and HP. for you to get a greddy kit to fit a ITR right it takes some work but the turbo is great and has awesome spool up. like I said if you want a kit like mine a local shop here can help you out. let me know.....if you have any questions hit me up on AIM. my name is ITR41 on there too.

PS the fcu is not tuneable it is set maps so you can't change anything.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:09 PM
IntegraAvenger

what kink of exhaust, intake, and intercooler should i get?