Notices

test pipe

Old 08-30-2003, 11:14 PM
ITR97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just installed a test pipe and the car feels a little bit more powerful
i was just wondering how do u get rid of the check engine light since the o2 sensor in the testpipe will make the car run a little richer.? thnx
Old 08-30-2003, 11:18 PM
Dave-ROR

Originally Posted by ITR97
just installed a test pipe and the car feels a little bit more powerful
i was just wondering how do u get rid of the check engine light since the o2 sensor in the testpipe will make the car run a little richer.? thnx
Actually a code 67 wont change how the car runs one bit. you can run an o2 sim, wrap the so2s in tin foil, etc to get rid of the light though.
Old 08-30-2003, 11:37 PM
ITR97

Originally Posted by dawhiteboy
[quote:a8be5ffd1c="ITR97"]just installed a test pipe and the car feels a little bit more powerful
Actually a code 67 wont change how the car runs one bit. you can run an o2 sim, wrap the so2s in tin foil, etc to get rid of the light though.[/quote:a8be5ffd1c]

so wrapping it up in tin foil will make the o2 sensor not sence the presence of carbon monoxide and other exhuast gases?
Old 08-31-2003, 11:04 AM
Dave-ROR

Originally Posted by ITR97
so wrapping it up in tin foil will make the o2 sensor not sence the presence of carbon monoxide and other exhuast gases?
It throws a Code 67 when there is not enough difference in readings between the primary and secondary O2 sensors. Wrapping it in tin foil provides a different reading, so does just pulling it into the cabin really..

neither method is 100% reliable though, but unless the light really annoys you I wouldn't worry about it anyways.
Old 08-31-2003, 12:12 PM
hondafanatic

I have the same problem, and its not that the light is annoying its that i wont know if there is another problem since the light is always on now.

where do the wires enter the car at?
Old 08-31-2003, 06:35 PM
Dave-ROR

Originally Posted by hondafanatic
I have the same problem, and its not that the light is annoying its that i wont know if there is another problem since the light is always on now.

where do the wires enter the car at?
You can always just check the codes every other oil change or something. Personally I just removed the bulb for the CEL. If I can't get VTEC to engage, then I'll check the codes. Until then, no bulb = good enough for me.

The wires for the so2s enter the car under the center console.
Old 09-01-2003, 06:48 AM
hondafanatic

which piece of the center console, the forward piece or the rear piece?
Old 09-01-2003, 08:36 AM
Dave-ROR

Originally Posted by hondafanatic
which piece of the center console, the forward piece or the rear piece?
now you are challanging my memory :P IIRC the rear piece but I'm not sure anymore. I had both pieces out, carpet out, etc when I saw the wires there.

You might be able to just stuff up the wires and sensor from under the car after removing the cat/test pipe and heatshields too, never tried because my o2 sensor is still sitting in a bung in a high flow cat.
Old 09-01-2003, 01:33 PM
kabob

You've got to take out the entire center console to pull up the carpet in that area, anyways
Old 09-01-2003, 05:31 PM
Jan Niemi

Out of sight out of mind!! :lol: