Notices

which jrsc can fit the type r?

Old 07-10-2003, 02:35 PM
2KITR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi, i was going to buy a used jrsc, and i asked the guy what car the charger fit. he replied with a b16 motor, and ls integra motor, anda type R. i heard the ls head is way different then the type R head. but the b16 head is the same. would i be able to buy a supercharger that would fit a b16 and put it on my type r? and if i did, would i need to change out the pulley due to compression differences? thanks for your time guys.
Old 07-10-2003, 06:54 PM
Jan Niemi

Do yourself a favor and don't buy a used supercharger.
Old 07-14-2003, 05:54 AM
fredtoast

The jrsc is warrantied for 100,000 miles. There are lots of guys who have great luck with used blowers. I love my jrsc, but I don't know much about the kits for other cars. Go to the "forced induction integra" forum at hostboard.com to find out what will work on your R. I believe that the kit you are talking about has a smaller blower (M45 instead of M62?). The pullies on the blowers are also different sizes. Do alot of research first, but you can get a lot of bang for the buck with a used jrsc.
Old 07-14-2003, 01:17 PM
kabob

I just called Jackson Racing about a similar issue and they said that the kit for the Integra LS will not fit the Type R (the manifold, supercharger, most everything is different) so if this guy is passing that stuff off as fact, I'd be wary of getting anything from him.
Old 07-16-2003, 07:52 AM
MastrHU

the b16 kit will not bolt on, but the type r and the si(b16a) kit are the same. it's okay to get a used kit. most used sc's usually won't have more then 20k miles on them. they have 100k warranties. you can actually pull good deals on used kits with extra stuff. you have to get the map controller unless you have a hondadata. i love my jackson on my type. had it on for a year and a half with no problems. too bad i have to sell my type r now.
Old 07-20-2003, 11:32 AM
kabob

MastrHU, that sux dude I just found out recently that the '99-'00 Civic Si used the same supercharger kit, too. I was thinking about buying through a member on Club Si