Notices

Group car carrier for Expo 4

Old 05-29-2003, 12:13 PM
fredtoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone ever tried getting a group together to split the cost of trucking their cars to an Expo? I can't take off enough time to make the drive, and I don't want to put that many miles on my R anyway. I know that there aren't enough R's here in east Tennessee to fill a car carrier, but I am within 200 miles of Atlanta, Nashville, Lexington, and Ashville, NC. Does anyone in any of these cities think that he can get enough cars together? Does anyone even know how many cars a trailer will hold?
Old 05-29-2003, 12:18 PM
TypeR 801

Then what do we do? Hitchhike to Phoneix lol.

Originally Posted by fredtoast
Has anyone ever tried getting a group together to split the cost of trucking their cars to an Expo? I can't take off enough time to make the drive, and I don't want to put that many miles on my R anyway. I know that there aren't enough R's here in east Tennessee to fill a car carrier, but I am within 200 miles of Atlanta, Nashville, Lexington, and Ashville, NC. Does anyone in any of these cities think that he can get enough cars together? Does anyone even know how many cars a trailer will hold?
Old 05-29-2003, 12:22 PM
Dave-ROR

Originally Posted by TypeR 801
Then what do we do? Hitchhike to Phoneix lol.
fly :P

the FL we todds are looking into the autotrain. car carrier is nice, but autotrain = mass drinking and relaxation plus any single chicks are stuck on the train too :P
Old 05-29-2003, 12:27 PM
fredtoast

More info on the autotrain please. Is it amtrack? I was just planning on flying because tickets are dirt cheap these days.
Old 05-29-2003, 02:03 PM
Reid

Originally Posted by dawhiteboy
plus any single chicks are stuck on the train too :P
When you first get on the train you'll notice there's only one single girl, but she's ugly.

By the time you get to Arizona, she'll be damn attractive.:P
Old 05-29-2003, 06:31 PM
RedKroovy

Not trying to belittle anyone but half the fun of EXPO3 was the caravans there and back. Its only Arizona. Besides long deserted desert roads mean insane speeding potential. (previous statement doesn't not refer to street racing). I know some crazies from the eastcost are down for the trip.
Old 05-29-2003, 06:33 PM
Dave-ROR

Originally Posted by RedKroovy
Not trying to belittle anyone but half the fun of EXPO3 was the caravans there and back. Its only Arizona. Besides long deserted desert roads mean insane speeding potential. (previous statement doesn't not refer to street racing). I know some crazies from the eastcost are down for the trip.
lol I wouldn't have taken that to mean street racing. Usually our caravan has at least one trailer so 80mph is usually our max once we meet with the trailer queen (willard in the past two years). Assdime and I did go a bit more than that in his R with the trailer attached.. dangerous.. stupid.. but oh well.

oh, and our caravan usually equals FL-NC drink for two days, then NC to wherever.. in this case it would be FL to AZ.. that would be "the suck"
Old 05-29-2003, 07:58 PM
davidnyc

I thought the Autotrain was only on the east coast and it only leaves from outside of DC to outside of Orlando???
Old 05-30-2003, 08:21 AM
Chris N

[quote="dawhiteboy"]
Originally Posted by RedKroovy

oh, and our caravan usually equals FL-NC drink for two days, then NC to wherever.. in this case it would be FL to AZ.. that would be "the suck"
If you NC/FL/GA/TN guys all meet up, us WI/IL/MI/OH/PA guys (and everyone east of us if they come through/near chicago) ought to meet up in... Tejas? Not sure where we'd get to I-40, but that would be an awesome caravan.
Old 05-30-2003, 09:25 AM
lanceh

i know my plan is to take a long vacation on this trip. hit the expo, drive back with the slocal boys and hang out there for a few days then drive back to chi-town through colorado.

i mentioned to trey about joingin forces in oklahoma city or maybe memphis.