Notices

Took car to dyno tonight(bad luck)

Old 05-03-2003, 10:00 PM
fastcar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed skunk 2 valve train, cams stage II, and cam gears. I already had aem cai, and dc jdm headers. I was going to take it to the dyno today, so I had a local shop install my apexi vafc. I took it to the dyno to have it tuned and it would not pass 5800 rpm's. Anyone know whats wrong with it?

Thanks
Old 05-04-2003, 12:00 AM
Aj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like improper installation. If you got the book with your Vafc, often it falls out, but there is a little insert that tells you that there is an additional wire that you need to install if you have a US spec car, that being most of us. You will want to double check that you connected the VTM wire that is specific to USDM cars mentioned in this little insert. This is what it sounds like to me, though I could be wrong...

You will also want to check that the two grounds are placed at different places and in correct order on the ECU ground. Further, you should check all the wiring, and make sure you used the right ECU diagram, that, and that you didn't accidentaly do it in "mirror image," where you were working on the male side, but with a diagram of the female side, not that uncommon, though the car usually won't run that way.

Either way, start with that VTM wire, I believe if memory serves me, it's the light blue wire on the Vafc...but definitely double check that...

Let me know what it is, and if there is anything else that I can do to help.

Later,
Aj