Notices

Altenator- NO GOOD!!!

Old 03-31-2003, 02:24 PM
hopofthese

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aj
well.....hehehe, I guess it depends on how good you are at working in tight places. I think if you remove the brackets and get a little creative you can do it. I think according to the Honda service manual I thumbed through it says you need to either remove like and axle or your manifold or something like that, I don't remember exactly what it was, maybe the header, I remember it being a pain in the ass, although we had the head off any way when I did it on my car, so at that point it was a joke. I'm really not sure, I've never tried replacing one when it was in the car????

I'd pull off all the bolts, remove the brackets, and then see if you can wiggle it out through the bottom or top, or how ever you can get it out before you start removing shit though.

Let me know how it turns out, and what you had to do.

Later,
Aj

whats up aj

i replaced the altenator and it was fairly simple. All you have to do is take an axle out and it will slide right out. The only thing that took some time was getting the original altenator rebuilt because according to the place i went to type R's have a different altenator from any other integra and they did not have any in stock.

later
edgar
Old 03-31-2003, 08:03 PM
Aj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kool, glad it got done, I knew you had to remove something, I just didn't remember what it was. As far as the alternator thing goes, I know the ITR uses a different belt, so I guess it makes sense that it's a different alternator.

Any way, good luck with it.

Later,
Aj