Notices

hyper ground wires

Old 02-23-2003, 06:47 PM
phoenixR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with the hyper ground wires, what size kit would an itr need? they have like small medium and large.
Old 02-23-2003, 07:09 PM
kabob

Why waste your money? The ITR engine block is already properly grounded... unless you're going for the bling-bling? Seriously, they make negligle differences on your car except to maybe make your headlights and interior lights a little brighter... if even that.
Old 02-23-2003, 07:32 PM
paul98itr

Dyno proven 5 hp, i have seen
Old 02-23-2003, 07:47 PM
kabob

I saw the ad, too. Doesn't mean anything; any dyno can be tweaked to show "gains" and dyno runs are influenced by temperature, etc.

Explain to me exactly how this will benefit any car? Especially considering that the main things that need to be ground on the ITR, the block and the stereo, are already ground? Besides, you can buy all the parts for these "ground wires" at your local hardware store for a couple of bucks.
Old 02-24-2003, 01:44 PM
paul98itr

I am saying i saw (with my eyes) a before and after run with those wires and the dyno didn't lie in the add, that is exactly what we got. The car had intake and exhaust. If I new the exacts on what they do I would have invented hem, and i'd be getting the cash.
Old 02-25-2003, 05:47 PM
SanjayR

Anybody know the cheapest place to get those. I found them for 130 shipped. But if i could get them a lil cheaper it would be nice.Thanks
Old 02-26-2003, 07:41 AM
Aj

I saw them on a group buy for like 88 bucks, and like 110 for the silver ones, I think the link is on the classifieds page.

As far as dyno results, we've dynoed them on three different ITRs with different setups on them, and the most we got out of those wires was .8whp and 1.2fpt across the curve, which for 88bucks is pretty damn good, and in all likely hood, it is possible that the wires produce a spike at some point on the power curve of 5whp, but a 5whp across the entire curve as they have in their add is completely unrealistic, and unless someone can post their own dyno sheet with these type of gains, I would have an extremely difficult time believeing it. The stock ITR motor is pretty well grounded, and the additional grounding only helps so much, on one of the cars we dynoed, with the wires in the same place as the other two we had gains on, lost HP, but gained a little torque(.3fpt)????? Not sure why...

And, yes, you can get all these same wires at your local stereo shop for about thirty bucks, with the exception of the battery terminal adapter, which, well, I guess you'd have to deal with out. Either way, they look pretty cool...........

Later,
Aj
Old 02-26-2003, 01:51 PM
paul98itr

Yeah, it sure as hell wasn't 5hp across the board
Old 02-26-2003, 06:46 PM
SanjayR

Yeah but is it something that would make me feel a diffrence in performance. All i have is an CAI. Was the 5 hp top or bottom end?
thanks