Notices

Spoon throttle body

Old 02-12-2003, 10:54 AM
Kangbateh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering if anybody has used the Spoon throttle body? a buddy of mine said his REALLY made a difference. So I was thinking about getting one. Also which Camshafts would be the best to use and what spec if I'm running forced induction? I was thinking about buying some spoon Camshafts, but thought they were designed for NA So I didn't know if that would be wise. Any recommendations? :twisted:

P.S. I still want it to Idle though
Old 03-27-2003, 04:07 PM
GTKage

Well the Spoon TB will make a lil difference if your car is well tuned ( it s only 2mm bigger than the ITR TB), and concerning the cams, Spoon cams are made for NA application...If u want to turbo charge you car stick with the ITR cams.
Old 03-27-2003, 05:15 PM
Jan Niemi

I agree, either stock ITR cams or Gsr cams.
Old 03-27-2003, 07:35 PM
Kangbateh

I hve Jun cams I haven't installed yet. What about those? :twisted:
Old 03-29-2003, 03:13 PM
GTKage

which Jun cams do u have? JUN 3? Anyway JUN's like Spoon's cams are made for NA application as well, which you can't use on a turbocharged car. If you are going to put nitrous in your car, the cams won't be an issue as long as u have the proper tunning and fuel delivery. On my car I have the Spoon TB, Skunk2 stage 2 cams (which are a lil more powerfull than the jun3) skunk 2 vavle train, srp 10.5:1 cr, mugen head gasket, eagle rods, eagle light weight crankshaft, and all thebasic bolt on's, and AEM EMS, and rc 270cc injectors. Right now i am NA and i am running 13.5 all night long on street tires, with a 75 shot and a bigger fuel pump i ll be in the 12's easy. So basicly if u are going to use jun 3 cams, turbo is a no no, but nitrous will be no problem, and don't forget to check the vavle to piston clearance with those cams!!