Notices

Intake Question

Old 02-11-2003, 01:41 PM
IdealConcepts
FasterThanASpeedingTicket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have, actually had a AEM Cold Air Intake but, it cracked where it mounts to the car. The crack was large and turned into a hole before I noticed it. I ended up cutting the intake and making it into a short ram. I didn't think of contacting AEM to see if they would replace the intake because I had bought the R used and the guy gave me the intake. My question is overall what is better for my R, keeping the shortram intake or installing the stock intake? Are there any real benefits with the short ram intake versus the stock intake or is the short ram reducing the performance of my car? Does the short ram feed more air into the engine, I know it is hot air, than the stock intake? Thanks in advance for your information and feedback.
Old 02-11-2003, 02:09 PM
Trey

Stock will make just as much power as a short ram but will be much quieter.
Old 02-11-2003, 10:34 PM
cxSHOE
RareParts BountyHunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stay with stock set up , get a spoon filter or k&n for the oem set up. you only gain real horsepower by working the actual engine internals in conjunction with the headers etc....everything else will only show minimum hp gains, not really enough to be worth it alone,,,, but in conjunction with the internal mods....