Notices

Cruise Control

Old 02-07-2003, 11:06 AM
MixMasterMike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know it's just another few pounds on an already light car, but has anyone inquired or actually put cruise control on their type r's? i'd like to put it on mine when i get it, just wondering if the gsr/ls/rs cruise module & buttons would work...it is the same steering wheel as the other models right???
Old 02-19-2003, 12:24 AM
ITR 97-143

well its not as ez as it looks .. :wink: yes i have done it ..
i have put cc on my LS with a R main harness and i have put cc on my 1997 type R.. it does take some Brains to do it but not too hard..
if you are looking to have it done good luck it will cost you a But load in parts and labor.. if you plan on doing it your self it is best that you know that your car would be out of working order for about 2 days...
i have most of the parts to do it and i would sell them to you and help you step by step to do it.. .. but please if you have no real mechanical ablity it might take some time ... if you live on the west coast it would be best i could help you out in person but anyway
let me know whats up
Tim
Twman22@hotmail.com
Old 02-19-2003, 11:40 AM
Erik B

Hey man since you've played with the harnest in the R was the wires there already for the cc. I'm not asking becuase I want to put a CC on my car but because I have been told that the JDM fog light switch plugs right up to it. I was wondering if maybe it was there but maybe just tied off since it wasn't used in the USDM R's.