Notices

Eriks Racing Header????

Old 01-14-2003, 09:39 PM
TypeRPaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard that this header gets 5 more hp than Hytech...anyone heard of this header?????? or have an opinion either way?
Old 01-15-2003, 07:56 AM
Aj

Yeah, it's kool as shit, unfortunately, depending on which you get, because Erick's racing makes two, you either can use your power steering and A/C because the way the headers are curved, or you can't run a muffler and are forced to run straight pipe right out the front bumper. The first one is the street header, the second is the race header and is made to run open header.

The cool thing about the really funny looking one is that it goes to the passenger side of the oil pan instead of bellow it, so it doesn't heat your oil as much, but living in Florida, I don't think I could deal with out A/C.

If you guys want some pics:

http://www.ericksracing.com/header.htm

The side exit header is the normal looking one, but as I said, you need to run it open header, as there is not room for exhaust anywhere.

The second is the street header, and as you can see, goes right where your a/c and power steering would ordinarily be mounted.

Later,
Aj
Old 01-15-2003, 08:44 AM
TypeRPaul

Yet again ur the Man Aj...yea i dont think i could live w/o ac out in Cali either...thanks for the info....BTW this is the guy who was emailing u about setting up a second engine...one quick Q i still need to pick up a ls bottom end(already got a b16 head) my plans are to bore it out to 2.0L and run 12.1 comp but is there a way to stroke it also and pick up even more displacement? and one more Q, running 12:1 comp do i need to resleave it or will it hold up? Thanks man
Old 01-15-2003, 10:16 AM
Aj

Yes, you need a re-sleeve if you go 2.0 liter as you will bore out more then the stock sleeve has to bore with a 2.0 liter, and no you should not use an LS block for this application. And, yes I suppose you could stroke it for more displacement, but you're gonna start running into some outrageous expenses. I've never seen anything more than a 2.2 liter be sucessful on a B-series, though, just becuase I've never seen it, doesn't mean it's not possible.

Any way, got to get to class, sorry I couldn't elaborate more.

Aj
Old 01-15-2003, 12:08 PM
TypeRPaul

Thanks Again, if you know where i could find info on stroking it i would appreciate it....also, why not ust a ls block?...i was planning on using a b18b bottem end and a b16 head for a ls vtec set up. also how massivly expensive are we talking?
Old 01-15-2003, 02:07 PM
paul98itr

That header is cool as shit! I wounder what made the engineer think of that design? O well, like the rest of you, the a.c. is definatly a nice luxery in the r!