Notices

Looking for previous owner of my '01 PY Type R

Old 01-02-2003, 01:17 PM
KBMoore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for the original owner of my 2001 pheonix yellow Type R. I bought it in July, and in the process of trying to sell it have just learned that it was probably wrecked right after it was first bought, in December, 2000. Would like to know the full story so we can sue the dealer we bought it from...

All I know for sure is that it was bought or leased in Oregon in December 2000, and whatever happened occurred shortly thereafter. If you have any idea who owned it or how to find him I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
Old 01-02-2003, 04:46 PM
Trey

Name would probably be on the title history. Shoud not be that hard to track through the gov't
Old 01-02-2003, 04:55 PM
nw98typer

I wish I could help, but no.

What is the ITR's number? That may help jog someone's memory.

Have you tried contacting the Oregon DMV. All accidents over $500 damage require filing a report with the DMV. I'm not sure how accessable they are, but they are probably indexed by VIN, and you might be able to get a copy.

Best of luck.
Old 01-02-2003, 05:14 PM
DeanO

Here's a few questions:

Why on earth would the previous owner expose himself to the potential liability of revealing his identity? Assuming that he was completely innocent and sold the car in good faith, your dispute is with your dealer/seller. How would an explanation of the details of the collision damage help your case?

In this case, the rule of caveat emptor (buyer beware) applies. Buying a car without a full VIN/Carfax report and a thorough inspection is nobody's fault but yours.

Dean
Old 01-04-2003, 10:36 PM
HONDA GHANDI

Originally Posted by nw98typer
I wish I could help, but no.

All accidents over $500 damage require filing a report with the DMV.

Like that ever happens.
Old 01-05-2003, 06:40 PM
nw98typer

Actually, you'll get your license suspended if the other person files and you don't.

It's dumb, but that's Oregon.