Notices

Revalving oe ITR dampers

Old 12-05-2002, 07:02 AM
bbqman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While I am still trying to figure out which way I will go for dampers next year, revalving my oe,s has become a consideration.

Has anyone looked into the possibility of revalving them and where.

Since I am staying in DS next year and planning on a Championship assault, coil overs are not an option and Konis won't give enough upgrade ( Iwas told on the board).

Here in Montreal we deal with a varied mix of pavements and roughness. These oe dampers are untouchable over rough parking lots, but I need a lit more valving for tarmacs etc.

Any help?
Old 12-07-2002, 07:31 PM
Trey

You could always have koni build you a set.
Old 12-10-2002, 04:58 AM
bbqman

It seems that this will be the way to go. But I would love to find a way to rvalve the OE's.....they are real good to begin with.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:07 AM
rallybird

I have done it for a customer. They are SHOWA hybrid twin tubes. Hybrid meaning they use a mono-tube type piston with deflected disc valving and a basevalve with deflected disc. Unlike Miata OE SHOWA shocks, which use a very similar piston but one hole orifice basevalve.

I did two sets of Type R shocks for a showroom stock road racer and have dyno sheets I could share.

Evan
Old 09-16-2004, 04:52 AM
BudMan
aka - dnfjeff

Originally Posted by rallybird
I have done it for a customer. They are SHOWA hybrid twin tubes. Hybrid meaning they use a mono-tube type piston with deflected disc valving and a basevalve with deflected disc. Unlike Miata OE SHOWA shocks, which use a very similar piston but one hole orifice basevalve.

I did two sets of Type R shocks for a showroom stock road racer and have dyno sheets I could share.

Evan
This could be very interesting info if you wouldn't mind sharing with the rest of us. I honestly never really thought about this angle before I upgraded suspension.

BudMan
Old 09-16-2004, 02:37 PM
George Knighton

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rallybird
I don't know what Showroom Stock involves. Does this mean that your Showa were valved for the OEM springs, or for something else?

Would love to be able to compare your dyno information with Konis, OEM and revalved.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:06 PM
bbqman

Didn't think this thread would get revived.
However, 2 years later, I am running on Koni 2 way adjustable , revalved autocross specials...and loving it...as Mcd's would say.

I guess from a SS standpoint, where some cars are not allowed to used replacement shocks, cheater Oe revalves would be the way to go!

Wonder what Lee has to say about this.