Notices

Best Alarm?

Old 11-12-2002, 03:08 PM
supercivicsi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the best alarm. I just got a 99 si and need to get an alarm pronto! i also have an autolock(the brake thing) but i need an alarm. Also, I don't want to spend too much money. I just want one that is effective and good quality.
Old 11-13-2002, 03:48 PM
supercivicsi

come on now, if you guys have type rs, i know you have alarms. what should i get
Old 11-13-2002, 04:35 PM
Alexander

You should really find out who does a custom installation near you, rather than looking for the best "brand name"

Any alarm is junk if its installed in the normal "under the dash" location.. Install is EVERYTHING.

Check out carsound.com's security forums http://www.carsound.com/cgi-bin/ubbc...i?action=intro (not working now but should be back up later)

make a post and ask if there are any installers around you.. the guys there REALLY know their stuff (like jbondox and exCLIFFORDgod)

After you pick an installer, call them and ask them whats out there specific to YOUR needs. The pro's will pursuade you against buying most of the add-on features that you don't really need, and just going for a simple, clean (and MUCH easier to hide) setup.

Good Luck. My BIASED opinion would be to stick with dei/viper/clifford

//Alex[/url]
Old 11-13-2002, 06:36 PM
bbasso

www.compustar.org. have it. love it.
Old 11-13-2002, 06:43 PM
pUrExTc
殺生丸

VIPER 800 ES. Engine Kill, Randomized Coding, adjustable sensitivity, page you, etc. Could you ask for anything more (other than lo-jack). but no matter what, if someone really wants your car...they'll find a way to get it. alarms won't do it alone. You'll need to get Auto-loc, and the club (ok, the club does jack but slow them down, but hey, precious seconds man!)
Old 11-15-2002, 10:53 AM
cxSHOE
RareParts BountyHunter

hey bud, dont just get an alarm, use other technics in conjunction with it.. just by a cheap one , with the basics, then put in a hidden kill switch for the fuel pump. so they dont take the car while your asleep or at the movies... you can do alot of stuff without spending all your wad on a good alarm when you dont need it to be that good...

for instance. buy an cheap alarm with all the basics. hook up the siren underneath the car not in the engine bay like most, then hook up a car horn and put it inside under the dash somewhere>> ( realize that the car theifs will need to be in the car to start they stealing,) and then hook up the kill switch on the fuel pump . so they cant steal the car....easy done in about 1-2 hours and it will only cost about 100.00
just my thouht thats all....and dont rely on the automatic kill switch on the alarms that can be bypassed easily......
Old 11-15-2002, 11:00 AM
bbasso

"and dont rely on the automatic kill switch on the alarms that can be bypassed easily......"

Agreed!
Old 11-18-2002, 04:32 PM
pUrExTc
殺生丸

I've said it before, I'll say it again. If someone really wants your ride, they'll find a time and place to do it. however, I think the Auto-Loc will really slow down the process of stealing your car. Just Lock it onto your clutch!
Old 11-19-2002, 01:35 PM
B2FiNiTY

Invest in a good insruance first.
Old 11-19-2002, 01:59 PM
Trey

I just bought the new Black Widow 7150 with 2 way pager. Hit the jackpot and the installer knew my name from High school when my wife dropped it off. He hid the brain 10 times better than an average install for mne and you can't tell there is one inch of aftermarket wiring under the dash.

The Balck Widow is not DEI which is my only regret. The Clifford RS3 is the DEI equvalent but my brother works at best buy and I got the BW 7150 for $147 and the RS3 was not available at diwscount until some time next year. I probably should have waited but it is a very nice alarm and kick ass for the money.

RS door bexels were ordered today.