Notices

camber and swaybars

Old 10-16-2002, 09:55 AM
blee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was wondering if any of you guys have experimented with your camber settings. i'm running the stock r suspension at the track and i want to get a little more life out of the front tires. another question. anyone experiment with swaybars? i talked to the guys at king motorsports and they recommend the stock front bar with the mugen 26mm rear. has anyone tried this?
Old 10-16-2002, 11:09 AM
Aj

The Mugen 26mm sway bar is great, we've only ever used them on one of our cars, but it made a huge difference, though it is now a lot easier for the back end to kick out on you. As far as the camber goes, we have found that more camber is better, up until a certain point, where you start breaking axles every couple of races. Camber settings will change depending on ride height, so you'll need to do your own, and do a little trial and error, and figure out what you like.
Old 10-16-2002, 12:48 PM
Trey

to add to what AJ said about camber for moderate drops if you have adjustable camber I have found that -1.75 to -2 degrees is pretty much optimal for a street car. Also I have found that even when I run -2.25+ it barely affects the tire wear. TOE is the tire wear culprit I have found. I run 1/8" total toe out in the front since I daily drive the car. I have run 1/4" totle without noticable adverse affects while rotating the tires a good bit.

I would say if you want your tires to last longer you best bet is to stay off the tracks . . .
Old 10-16-2002, 02:10 PM
blee

hey guys,

thanks for the feedback. i think that i'll get the swaybar and dial in a little negative camber on the front wheels. oh and avoiding that track is not an option. it kind of negates the reason i got the car.
Old 10-16-2002, 02:37 PM
bbqman

I'm not sure about a lowered car set-up, but mine is stock and I pyro after every run, Auto-X or trials, and this is my setup.

Front toe 1/16 total out, Rear toe zero...this gives the car a neutral feel , but can be provoked into a slight oversteer.Absolutely the best setup for wet weather.
The camber has been left alone ( actually I was under the impression that it is not adjustable factory as are most hondas) because my pyro numbers are great across the tire.
Too much camber will compromise the braking efficiency .

I got to try this 26mm bar in the rear.It would probably make the car pretty loose= fast!
Old 10-16-2002, 08:41 PM
pUrExTc
殺生丸

Mugen Rear Upper Tower Strut Bar works great too. Unfortunately, I'm not enough of a gear-head to want to mess with my camber alignments... :cry:
Old 10-18-2002, 07:58 AM
Monster-R

Question about camber kits

Is there a huge difference in quality and feel with different camber kits?

I've heard great things about A-Sports in comparison to US market camber kits, but it will cost "way" more than the U.S. market camber kit...

Is anyone using the A-Sports front upper arm?