Notices

exhaust system

Old 10-08-2002, 10:55 PM
itr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wanted to know what you guys prefer from my headers to my exhaust. should i just run a straight pipe or get a high flow cat. and what cat should i get???
Old 10-09-2002, 08:31 AM
bbasso

I'm asuming you have an R... But if you runa striaght pipe it will cause CEl and be really loud.
the better method of opening up your exhaust would be to purchase a built one. There are many different kinds just have to see which you like and can afford.

What I would do to keep it affordable, quiet and with a decent power gain is OEM JDM 4-1 with a carsound cat and a Mugen twin loop rear section.

There are just so many different options for exhausts you should do some research and listen to fellow R owners.

Hope my blabing has helped.
Old 10-09-2002, 08:38 AM
C2CTypeR

I agree with Bbasso. I wish i can afford the Mugen Twin Loop since most of my car is Mugen :P

Currently I have AEM, JDM header,Carsound Cat, Thermal Exhaust.
Old 10-09-2002, 11:04 AM
itr

currently i have the full mugen twin loop exhaust and im going to get the mugen 4-1 header so you think that i should get a CAT instead of a straight pipe. what did you mean by CEl? do you think that carsound has the best CATs around?
Old 10-11-2002, 02:28 PM
98TaLoNtSi

Originally Posted by itr
what did you mean by CEl?
Check Engine Light
Old 10-11-2002, 06:17 PM
Trey

From studying the design of the Mugen twin loop I don't think it is a power upgrade and possibly even a power robber. many mugen parts are great additions and the exhaust is of great quality but the piping diatmeter is extremely small inside the canister. I recall around a 2" ID.

The Hytech twin loop designed after the Mugen would be a much better choice.

I run stock and can't decide cause everything makes the car louder.