Notices

well just got an alignment after lowering my car.....

Old 08-01-2002, 07:14 AM
integra-boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default well just got an alignment after lowering my car.....

I went to a VW place today to get an alignment because I know the guy who works there (friend of a friend) and so, I could expect to get an honest opinion from him.

According the the guys at Acura I absolutely needed a camber kit because my car on my new H&R sports springs was just "so low"...lol. well it turns out the acura guys are full of ****.

I measured my camber and I currently have: -1.35 and -1.32 degrees in the front, and -1.01 and -1.29 degrees in the rear. The "optimum setting" for a 2000 integra is -1.1 degrees in the front and anywhere from 0 to -2 in the rear. So my camber is only slightly off in the front and perfect in the rear and a camber kit would be a total waste of money.

So all I had to do was get the toe adjusted and I was on my way.... the handling of the car is much better now because my toe was really f#cked up before the alignment. And I feel good knowing my camber is fine.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. Another testimony that H&R sports springs are the way to go! No scraping, aggressive looks and no camber kit needed.

later.:thumbup:
Old 08-01-2002, 07:26 AM
b00gers

nice. i had the Sports before, and they werent too shabby. but for some reason they were still too low, and i went with adjustables instead.
Old 08-01-2002, 07:45 AM
integranator

I just put my Sports on and they're awesome. I had the fronts on for about 2 weeks, then i finally got a bushing from acura and put the rears on, and they look a little higher than the front. Feel great!! Any ideas on the rear? Like settling??
Old 08-01-2002, 08:06 AM
integra-boy

Originally posted by integranator
I just put my Sports on and they're awesome. I had the fronts on for about 2 weeks, then i finally got a bushing from acura and put the rears on, and they look a little higher than the front. Feel great!! Any ideas on the rear? Like settling??
When I initally installed the springs about 3 weeks ago, the front looked much lower than the back, but over the past few weeks the back did settle. Now the drop looks pretty much even, only slightly lower in the front.But to tell you the truth I wish my rear was a little more higher than the front, it makes the car look more agressive imo.

lates