Notices

Turbo kit

Old 01-22-2004, 11:19 AM
MS_Integra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo kit

I'm going to purchase a turbo kit for my LS Integra and my limit on price is $3500. Which turbo kit would give me the most bang for my buck? The Drag kit looks tempting, but I worry about quality. Has anyone used the Drag kits on their car? If so, how'd it dyno test? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also does anyone have a supercharged integra? How do they perform?
Old 01-22-2004, 06:33 PM
forum95
I'm Cooler than You

have you tried the search button?
Old 01-22-2004, 07:46 PM
Surfacing171
cb7 fanatic

Originally posted by forum95
have you tried the search button?
:werd:
Old 01-22-2004, 10:33 PM
MS_Integra

you don't have to get smart. I've read up on it, I was just curious about people who have used one of the kits. If you don't like a post, don't reply jerk.
Old 01-23-2004, 04:47 AM
94integraNL

don't worry about these jerkoffs, go with turbo, i have been researching the same thing, and from what i see it all depends on your setup and you will definately want it done by a tuner, Garrett T3/T4 turbos are popular, look on cardomain.com, there are thousands on integra's on there done up just look at what they have done. hope this helps.
Old 01-24-2004, 02:09 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

:squint: Urge to lock rising...

I am capping my mod budget for the DC4 at $5K total. That in concert with other considerations (read CA smog legality) have led me to the GReddy TD05-18G bolt-on turbo-kit. It's a decent setup for the street and if smog is an issue in your state as well, I'd recommend you at least consider their products as well.

My 2.3 ¥

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 01-24-2004, 09:20 PM
newgsrdriver

When you add a frontmount, that SMOG legality is history, correct? Couldnt you just use the Greddy Carb sticker and say its all legal though? I cant imagine they know the difference, or even using the Greddy sticker with a Drag kit. If its tuned right and installed smog-friendly (IE dumptube welded into the downpipe, cat intact, etc) you should be fine.

Im running a Drag kit and I love it. Fitment is solid, the manifold isnt the greatest design, but it isnt giving me any problems thus far since installing my exhaust (open downpipe was spike city). You may have to trim the webbing on the block a bit, and I had to hack up my radiator fan...other than that, its a solid kit. About as complete as they come aside from Greddy.
Old 01-25-2004, 12:51 AM
forum95
I'm Cooler than You

Originally Posted by MS_Integra
you don't have to get smart. I've read up on it, I was just curious about people who have used one of the kits. If you don't like a post, don't reply jerk.
You must realize how many threads cover this topic, im just trying to help you buddy.
Old 01-25-2004, 01:25 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by newgsrdriver
When you add a frontmount, that SMOG legality is history, correct? Couldnt you just use the Greddy Carb sticker and say its all legal though? I cant imagine they know the difference, or even using the Greddy sticker with a Drag kit. If its tuned right and installed smog-friendly (IE dumptube welded into the downpipe, cat intact, etc) you should be fine.

Im running a Drag kit and I love it. Fitment is solid, the manifold isnt the greatest design, but it isnt giving me any problems thus far since installing my exhaust (open downpipe was spike city). You may have to trim the webbing on the block a bit, and I had to hack up my radiator fan...other than that, its a solid kit. About as complete as they come aside from Greddy.

I have heard noises from GReddy USA that they are going to get the smaller FMIC certified by CARB for the DC4 and DC2 systems, but that they are pushing the DC5 and Z33 bolt-on turbo kits through CARB certification first. :dunno: Lord knows the bureaucratic wheels of CARB grind very slowly.

Things may be more definite by the time I get around to actually buying the system. Worst-case scenario, one could yank the FMIC for smog testing, or [somehow] utilize a low-volume Aquamist™ water (or Methanol :naughty: ) injection cooling system.

In either case, I'm not about to drop another $1.5K on drivetrain upgrades in a desperate attempt to run 500+ hp on the street. To do so with a FF car seems like folly to me..h:

I'll be perfectly happy with abouth 220whp and a balanced chassis with decent grip. :wiggle:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 01-25-2004, 01:31 PM
JohnQPhats
LS Master

Originally Posted by 94integraNL
don't worry about these jerkoffs, go with turbo, i have been researching the same thing, and from what i see it all depends on your setup and you will definately want it done by a tuner, Garrett T3/T4 turbos are popular, look on cardomain.com, there are thousands on integra's on there done up just look at what they have done. hope this helps.
This actually brings up a question that I've had on my mind for a long time. Since and LS has great low end torque wouldn't it be better to supercharge it? Considering that a supercharger takes time to wind up and works best at high RPM? Am I mistaken?