Notices

sad white ITR near me

Old 01-04-2004, 11:11 AM
DelSolSIinMD
Le Grand Illusion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sad white ITR near me

Every week or so I see a white ITR come by my work to pick up a pizza from the Papa Johns next door... only the guy driving it is this nerdy-looking guy in glasses in his 30s and CAN'T DRIVE.

There is a huge nasty gaping dent on the passenger side that everyone cringes at when they see it.

I've personally witnessed this guy parking too fast and smashing the underside of the lip on the sidewalk.

Then I saw him parked under a lamp in the next town over, and he had taken paint off the bumper by side-swiping a streetlamp.

What gives with these people? If you can't drive a car, why buy one designed for performance???

Sorry, I had to get this off my chest. Drives me CRAZY. Talk about not deserving a car.
Old 01-05-2004, 12:03 AM
aphex
driftin'

That bastard :upset: hnoes:
Old 01-05-2004, 02:12 AM
94civicEX
I got worms.

Offer him some money for it and see if he bites . I hate when people don't realize or take care of what they have .

duck squad member #00003
Old 01-05-2004, 10:39 AM
Import-Tooner
skoooooie!

Its kinda like the older lady that drives a ebp si here. She never washes it and I see it parked in the dirt all the time. It isn't as bad as the guy with the itr but... It kinda makes me think that they buy them just becuase they cost more.

SKOOIE!!!
Old 01-05-2004, 07:19 PM
JonD

The fact is, there is no test or adoption forms to fill out when you buy an ITR. That would weed the idiots out!!!
Old 01-06-2004, 12:45 PM
94civicEX
I got worms.

Originally posted by import-tooner
Its kinda like the older lady that drives a ebp si here. She never washes it and I see it parked in the dirt all the time. It isn't as bad as the guy with the itr but... It kinda makes me think that they buy them just becuase they cost more.
They smoke in it too .

duck squad member #00003
Old 01-06-2004, 02:51 PM
Chris N

It's just a car... people can do with them what they please.

Not deserving the car? LOL, they paid for it, didn't they?

I smoke in my R occaisonally. I have leaves all over the carpet from fall, does that make me unworthy? I've taken my car to the track 10 times this past year, hard to keep clean. I've scratched the bottom of my lip and have rock chips all on the front of my front bumper from track events (rubber marks, scrapes, etc) and highway usage. Sure, it cleans up nicely when I clean it up and wax it, but its just a car, and.... its just an integra. You guys act like its a gift from God that is so much better than any other car. :P

Sure, it annoys me to see someone bashing into other's doors and stuff like that, or have a riced-out car that was modified badly or to even see a show car. Why you ask? Becuase cars were meant to get you from point A to B, maybe with some style, but i'd rather see some wear marks than see a car that never sees the light of day, or the rain, or the snow.... that's just a waste.

Sorry for the rant... you guys are just too much. :P
Old 01-06-2004, 03:32 PM
George Knighton

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by import-tooner
Its kinda like the older lady that drives a ebp si here. She never washes it and I see it parked in the dirt all the time.

Uh oh.

Nobody ever told me I was supposed to wash the damned thing.

Have you ever stopped to consider just how much dirt you'd have to get on a car before it's actually aerodynamically affected?

:wavey:
Old 01-06-2004, 04:32 PM
DelSolSIinMD
Le Grand Illusion

Originally posted by Chris N
Becuase cars were meant to get you from point A to B, maybe with some style.
I could not disagree with you more. If everyone thought cars were A to B vehicles, everyone would drive Camrys... or Solaras, maybe, if they wanted "style." I think cars - ever since they were created - have become symbols of status, ego, personality, culture, freedom, etc. So much more than just mere transportation.

Now..I wouldn't mind if the guy I mentioned had "legit" use on his car... like your rock scrapes, etc. But the guy I saw obviously mistreated it - drove into a curb twice while I watched, and the other time into a light pole. Now THAT is a waste. My point is: it's a driver's car...and the guy couldn't drive. That's just as bad as someone who doesn't drive a great car at all.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:39 AM
Chris N

Originally posted by DelSolSIinMD

Now..I wouldn't mind if the guy I mentioned had "legit" use on his car... like your rock scrapes, etc. But the guy I saw obviously mistreated it - drove into a curb twice while I watched, and the other time into a light pole. Now THAT is a waste. My point is: it's a driver's car...and the guy couldn't drive. That's just as bad as someone who doesn't drive a great car at all.
We agree, that's for sure, I was more disagreeing with the others in the thread that were pointing out much more 'insignificant' things. Ok, maybe we dont agree about the point of a vehicle.... I figured I'd get the car I liked best to get me around, then it just happened to turn into a track car/project car.

I dont' like anyone who doesn't have respect for their property or other's property, that's for sure.