Notices

Dampness

Old 12-20-2003, 11:33 PM
Liquid Oxygen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dampness

I'm looking into buying my first Integra and I found one that is in great condition, but there are two concerns that I have about the car that maybe you guys can clear up. Byt the way its a 1991, 2 dr with a sunroof.

#1) It has been sitting outside for two weeks in rainy Vancouver weather so I'm not sure if it matters but when I climbed into the car it wasn't wet inside but all the carpets and seats felt damp. Don't think it can be a leak because even the back seats feel damp and the guy said he hasn't shampood or anything. Any ideas of why this could be? He also has had the heater turned off for the past two weeks as well although he hasn't driven it except for test drives.

#2) There is a bit of water settled at the bottom of the trunk where the spare tire is. I have read other threads concerning this but the carpeting is dry so is it still possible for the water to come from the loose rod that directs water from the sunroof or loose sealent around the tailights?

Otherwise, the car is in great condition, the engine is good and there is no rust. It has had quite a few mods done to it as well. Should I get it even with these two concerns?
Old 12-20-2003, 11:46 PM
So.Cal_INTEGRA

How much is the guy selling it for? And what mods are done to it.
Old 12-20-2003, 11:49 PM
Liquid Oxygen

$5900 Canadian... they're regular ricer mods with a few engine things such as a air intake and motor mounts ect. Car has only 150,000km on it too. I dunno what that is in miles but its not high for a 91.

But what I need to know is about the dampness. Any reasons that anyone would know of?
Old 12-20-2003, 11:56 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a very common problem. I've actually got it too. I have some water in where my spare tire is. I know that there is a fix, but I haven't gotten around to it.

If you do a search at www.g2ic.com, its very fixable.
Old 12-21-2003, 12:07 AM
Liquid Oxygen

Sweet. Thanks for the info. Not sure about why the seats are all damp but oh well. I'll prob end up buying the car cause all this stuff is prob easily fixable. I guess I'll be seeing you guys around here then unless something goes terribly wrong on Monday when I am getting it....
Old 12-21-2003, 01:40 AM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Liquid Oxygen
Sweet. Thanks for the info. Not sure about why the seats are all damp but oh well. I'll prob end up buying the car cause all this stuff is prob easily fixable. I guess I'll be seeing you guys around here then unless something goes terribly wrong on Monday when I am getting it....

If you do get it, be sure to use it to lower the price as much as you can. You can definently use it to your advantage to help you get a better deal. Its a costless fix, but the seller doesn't necessarily know that.
Old 12-21-2003, 01:41 AM
g2tegls
MR, ftw

I wouldn't be concerned if they're a little damp after sitting out in the rain for a few weeks. Could just be the humidity in the air. If they were *wet* then that would be bad.
Old 12-21-2003, 10:36 AM
Liquid Oxygen

Yah thats what I think. Cause its quite warm for winter and its raining all the time.

And RB, I lowered the price from $6600 to $5900 already... i dont think he is gonna go any lower I think its a steal.