Notices

x-mas gifts to myself

Old 12-17-2003, 08:08 PM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Snoopy
easily fixed by a muffler shop. some shops might not wanna do it though.
Esp in CA... a shop can get slammed with a $10K fine for making illegal emissions modifications
Old 12-17-2003, 08:09 PM
NIXONride
surfer

do you know exactly what needs to be done? Is it the sizing of bolt holes or what? I really haven't an idea what has to be done. hopefully tomorrow I can have time to get under my car, check it out maybe...because I'd really prefer to do it myself, its such a simple task really to put on a header except that I had to get this jdm (must modify) header lol so who knows...thanks for the help though.
Also to the post above, yes i've already tryed asking a local import shop about installation and they flipped out on me about being fined $5k. He didn't understand what header I had or anything though. He just came quick to answer "Are you ASKING me to modify your cat and get fined 5,000!?!?!, I won't do anything we'll have to tear up your header to fit" (in angry voice lol) so I just said forget it and hung up.
Old 12-17-2003, 08:14 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

you'll need a 2.5 in collector on the cat
Old 12-17-2003, 08:15 PM
NIXONride
surfer

is that it? What if i already had a exhaust to cat back put on but i had stock headers... or whatever so i'll need just a fitting to connect it?
Old 12-17-2003, 08:49 PM
Tobra

The thing is, you have to modify the header to fit the cat(hopefully a talented welder); as it is, in the wisdom of C.A.R.B., you cannot modify the catalytic convertor at all. If the header is street legal, it will have a number (Exemption Order # I think.) What would you do if someone walked in to your place of business that you had never seen before and asked you to do something that could get you fined or get your license to do business suspended. I would be pretty agitated if you asked me.
Old 12-17-2003, 08:50 PM
NIXONride
surfer

well i alrdy know a few shops who will do it im pretty sure...lol if i don't do this. I see what you mean though, but there's no need for being an @ss hole it's a customer I may have zero knowledge about it at all. It's bad business and that catches up :fawk:
Old 12-17-2003, 08:59 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

when my brother first had his dc jdm header and 2.5 exhaust, the shop he took it to wouldnt touch the cat even though he had a carsound cat to replace the stock one. so he had them weld up the exhaust, then came home and put the header/cat on.
Old 12-17-2003, 10:34 PM
So.Cal_INTEGRA

Damn, that DC JDM header needs to much work to be put on. Im just going to buy the DC 4-1 header
Old 12-17-2003, 10:36 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

Originally posted by So.Cal_INTEGRA
Damn, that DC JDM header needs to much work to be put on. Im just going to buy the DC 4-1 header
jdm dc 4-1 > regular dc 4-1. as long as you get a 2.5 cat and exhaust to match everything up, its all good.
Old 12-17-2003, 10:57 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by NIXONride
well i alrdy know a few shops who will do it im pretty sure...lol if i don't do this. I see what you mean though, but there's no need for being an @ss hole it's a customer I may have zero knowledge about it at all. It's bad business and that catches up :fawk:

its not bad business to turn you down if its against the law...if they kindly explain the situation and say they have no choice, thats not bad business at all.