Notices

92 Integra no power at low rpms

Old 11-27-2013, 03:49 PM
JasonJeret

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 Integra no power at low rpms

My Integra recently started feeling like a wheel bearing or cv joint was going out when on the freeway. We had plans on taking it to the shop but then suddenly today as I was shifting into second it felt like I shifted into fourth. I managed to slowly get it up to freeway speed but it would slow down uphill when fully pressing the accelerator which has never been a problem in the past. Once I came to a stop I had to rev the engine up to about 3k to get it to take off and keep my rpms up each time I shifted or lose speed and have to start over again. It does leak oil but I could not see any oil on the end of the plug wires. Does this sound like a plug issue or a fuel filter issue? I felt the exhaust and it is pushing air out rapidly at high rpms so I dont think that it is the catalytic converter. When I first begin to rev the engine it kind of sputters then at 3k rpm it regains its power and will accelerate.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:21 PM
JasonJeret

Well, after some thought Im going to replace the fuel filter. After owning the vehicle for 2 years I ran the fuel lower than I have ever ran it just 2 tanks ago and the fuel light came on for the first time which is about the same time I started feeling the bumping on the freeway which I thought was a cv joint. It only happened when I was putting torque on the engine so Im guessing that is the most likely and cheapest fix. Thank you to all of those that viewed this page but did not bother to answer. I will be sure to take any further questions to some other site from now on.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:48 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

I would do more to rule out ignition issues first... just to avoid throwing parts at the problem blindly.
Check your plugs, make sure they aren't fouled. With the hesitation just off idle, I'd be skeptical of the coil.
No "check engine" codes, I'm assuming?

Also, just for the sake of disclosure, I moved your thread to the Integra forum.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!

Last edited by TheOtherDave™; 11-27-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:17 PM
rohanroy123

I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in you post. Thanks for sharing