Notices

tokico illumina or kyb agx adjustable shocks

Old 12-02-2003, 09:47 PM
NIXONride
surfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

but i had neuspeed springs and JUST got my ground control coilovers and just want shocks to replace stock worn ones... maybe i'll do the tein ss full kit another year when i dont have money flowing so many other ways..
Old 12-03-2003, 09:17 AM
revhappy420

kyb agx, hands down! tokicos have a tendency to blow with high spring rates and severe lowering, but the kyb's can handle them better. although the warranty voids with anything more than a 1.5 inch drop, i have experienced them handling high spring rates and a good amount of lowering, besides some freak accidents. but if you want to be on the safe side, id recommend saving up a few more bucks for koni yellows.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:52 PM
Deludedteg

Did you use the stock boot to go around you shock? If not then your warranty isn't gonna do you any good because it specifically states that you have to use the boot or it will void the warranty. The boots are there to keep road debri from getting to the shaft of your shock and scratching it. That "squeeging" noise is the gas leaking from your shock.
Old 12-03-2003, 05:33 PM
FURIOUSGSR01
FURIOUSRSX04

i did use the stock boots, but i cut them as it was stated when lowering your car. my car has a 2 inch gap front and back.