Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Integra & 97-01 Integra Type-R (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r-17/)
-   -   Radio code - original doesn't work (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r/109699-radio-code-original-doesnt-work.html)

integraguy2001 11-24-2003 05:09 AM

I said get rid of your Radio and get an MP3 player, i got it installed for $240....

160 songs per cd... who needs a cd player?

9600baud 11-24-2003 08:48 AM

I agree, junk that radio and get a new one, its not that much money and makes a world of difference. OEM decks suck...

92h22a4 11-24-2003 07:08 PM

I found my code under the fuse box in the engine bay. Have you checked to see if it's in there. Or check around the glove compartment.

My friend had it in the glove compartment. It might be because someone printed it, got it laminated and stuck it there, but it sure looks like factory.

Any ways, check to see if you see 5 digits. It should be 5 digits and you have to enter it twice.

For example; mine is 61615. I entered 6, 1, 6, 1, 5, 6, 1, 6, 1, 5 and then the clock showed up.

edit: there, that should be more accurate. I wrote it off of my head only. I double checked it.

XSrcing 11-24-2003 07:11 PM

that is 5 digits.

poogl3 01-07-2004 12:40 PM

Hey, xScribe... i checked my integra in all 3 places and the radio code was not listed anywhere. I do however have the serial number. If you can help me out either email me (natanj@asu.edu) or im me (poogl3) and let me know... Thanks in advance !

DVPGSR 01-07-2004 12:44 PM

Originally posted by poogl3
Hey, xScribe... i checked my integra in all 3 places and the radio code was not listed anywhere. I do however have the serial number. If you can help me out either email me (natanj@asu.edu) or im me (poogl3) and let me know... Thanks in advance !
Just take your car and/or your radio to your local Acura dealership, show them your registration and license to prove the car is yours and they can look it up for you.

The factory does not put the radio code anywhere on the car...if people have it on their cars it is because it was a dealer installed thing and not every car, infact most will not have this.

poogl3 01-07-2004 12:52 PM

every dealer in Tucson will charge me simply to have to find the radio code. I have tried places in Phoenix with the same result. I dont think I should have to pay to get a code since it is my radio, my car, and not my fault

DVPGSR 01-07-2004 01:23 PM

I have a friend that is the assistant parts manager at my local Acura...if you feel comfortable to PM me your VIN I can see what he can do.

Are you sure though that they are not charging you to take the deck out of the car? I have always been able to get it from the VIN for free...as long as the radio was original to the car.

nikkim 01-07-2004 01:28 PM

Problem solved

Sure enough, the dealer I bought my car from gave me the wrong ID card. Took the radio out, looked at the serial number on the back, called a dealer near my place now, they looked up the serial number and presto - it was associated with a different radio code. Put in that code, radio works fine now.

Thank you dealer in MN, for screwing up the easy task of handing out ID cards!

Nikki

DVPGSR 01-07-2004 01:53 PM

Glad it worked out for you:thumbup: