Notices

Hi! New to the teg forum. Questions.

Old 11-16-2003, 06:12 PM
AadosX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi! New to the teg forum. Questions.

Hey guys,

I used to have an accord, and used this forum a ton, then got a bimmer, but am now selling it cause its slow! Plus, it costs too much for what it is. So I'm deciding what to buy. And pretty much at the top of my list is an integra. I was thinking about a GS-R but that will probably be too slow, so I'm leaning towards an LS w/turbo. I hear the LS's work much better with turbo's because of the compression ratios. Basically, what costs am I looking at for the car+turbo+anything else I will need? Any info is appreciated! I should have around ~$20,000 but only want to spend under 15000 of that if possible. Thanks!

-John
Old 11-16-2003, 06:24 PM
Doc Gyneco
Irreversible

So you are going from downgrading form an Accord to a Integra?

Why not buy a better car new or used with the money? Integra aren't that great IMO if you are looking for serious power, plus they are hella noisy.

Civic Si, RX8, S2000 hummm... lots of potential there...

Otherwise, stick to the Type R, and leave it NA =)
Old 11-16-2003, 06:28 PM
AadosX

Like I said I only want to spend Under $15000. That factors out the S2000 and RX8. Besides, the S2000 is a convertable, which I hate, and the RX8 has 4 doors, which I hate. Si's are ugly IMO, unless you are talking about the 1999-2000 ones, but they are too expensive for me to turbo, and N/A they are too slow. I would consider going for a Type-R. But then again, 190 HP at the crank is pretty slow, plus they are very hard to find around AL.
Old 11-16-2003, 06:45 PM
LT
The deer had to die!

"190 HP at the crank is pretty slow"?

I think you SHOULD NOT get an ITR. You don't sound much of an enthusiast if you just want to bragging rights with high horsepower numbers. The ITR is a work of art...
Old 11-16-2003, 06:45 PM
Doc Gyneco
Irreversible

Well, I love my Integra, it's just that it has its problem here and there. Engine noise, no torque and weak Vtec... overall a slow car.

The S2000 is a nice car, driving dynamics, engine, and quality build... but like you said, it's hard living with a convertible and 2 seats only :/
The RX8 has 4 doors, but hell it doesn't look like it at all! Sweet car there.

I just don't understand why you are gonna buy a cheap and relatively slow car to mod it to death when you can find a a better car that come with more ponies stock. To be honest with you, I am not a fan of turbos... Too much trouble with them and you car will become a money pit with it... I prefer high revving NA engine.

Do a search on the forum for your turbo. It's basicly like you said. LS are generally better for turbo. Just keep in mind that GS-R come with sportier suspension too.
Old 11-16-2003, 06:47 PM
Doc Gyneco
Irreversible

Originally posted by LT6916
"190 HP at the crank is pretty slow"?

I think you SHOULD NOT get an ITR. You don't sound much of an enthusiast if you just want to bragging rights with high horsepower numbers. The ITR is a work of art...
word bro

honda has never been about ponies, but about build quality and chassis

for ponies, there are plenty of other cars...
Old 11-16-2003, 06:50 PM
AadosX

The car will have real coilovers put on as soon as it's in my possesion haha. What is the difference between the suspension? I havent researched them yet, but do you mean only the springs/shocks, or do you mean otherwise?

LT6916 - Elaborate... how is the ITR a "work of art." Where did you get the idea that I want "bragging rights?" I had a BMW and it was surely a work of art. But I've moved beyond the "cool" stage and now want the exhileration of screaming around a track at high speeds on the verge of losing control. I've been into cars for a long time now so please don't look down upon me as an ignorant ricer that just wants HP to brag about.
Old 11-16-2003, 06:53 PM
AadosX

Ok, all of you listen to this please. I'm not getting the car to have a HIGH number of HP. I'm getting it because of its weight/HP ratio. This car will be autocrossed, not drag raced. If that was the case I would buy an LT1 or LS1, etc. Hondas can have very good handling around the track, and the FWD only helps that in Autocross situations. I've driven plenty of cars, AWD, FWD, RWD, with plenty of hp, and one of the best performing ones on the track was a 1990 CRX with an engine swap, only 135 HP. I only want around 220 at the crank, which is why I'm running low PSI with this turbo. That will be plenty for me.
Old 11-16-2003, 06:53 PM
twin3037

buy a used ls with like 60,000 miles for like 8 grand get a drag turbo kit for like 3 grand then get all hte extra things u need intake header cams cam gears fuel system exaust ecu upgrade tunning and theres so much u could do
Old 11-16-2003, 06:54 PM
Xymox007
Björkian

If that's your Bimmer, and you're selling that for an Integra, I'm going to cry.