Notices

good news about my car

Old 11-11-2003, 12:37 PM
kfar09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good news about my car

for those of you that have kept up with my past posts, i just heard from the insurance and they are NOT going to total my car. :thumbup:
They are replacing:
all my suspension (on the front left)
new fender
new bumper
new front left headlight
new stock rim
new tire (michelin crappers but ill get good ones in the spring)
they are painting:
fading fender in halfway of drivers side door
front left fender
entire hood
front bumper
front right fender
and both mirrors for an extra $80 (not bad for the stealership)

When all of this is done, my car should be looking really good. I'm sure they will do a good job on the paint blending it in. Should be ready in 1 1/2 - 2 weeks. orig estimate was $3300..and the new one is.......

$6500

I'm glad it's not going to get totaled. Hearing that just made my day.

one last thing... they are making me pay the betterment on a few things... $80 from curb marks on wheel and $70 for tire wear. Does this seem legit? I dont think i should have to pay for any of it since i was happy w/ the way it was before the wreck... should i cause hell and say im not going to pay for it? or do i have to pay it?
Old 11-11-2003, 02:13 PM
slickboy
ECHC junkee

Dang man! Glad you get to keep it though. good luck getting it all taken care of!:thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 11-11-2003, 02:44 PM
Co0lDood
[ATP]ATL

i dunno but 150 bucks isnt gonna hurt.. but hell take some pics after its repaired! i hope things turn out well..
Old 11-11-2003, 03:08 PM
kfar09

yeah ill def take some pics... too bad its going to be winter with all the slush and crap... ill keep her clean though. since its winter, i guess it'll be easier to not want to wax it all the time. i can't wait for fresh paint
Old 11-12-2003, 06:51 AM
BonzoAPD

congrats. take some pics of the damage and then some pics after it is fixed so we have a before and after view
Old 11-12-2003, 08:13 AM
SUPER LAUBO
KiMBO's Hubby

:yay: remember to take pics
Old 11-12-2003, 09:27 AM
newgsrdriver

Id bitch about paying that much. Just because I hate insurance companies.

Theyre really going to make you pay $150 for the wear on the tire and some curb marks that they are assuming were there prior to the accident?

Screw them. On a brighter note, congrats!
Old 11-12-2003, 11:48 AM
kfar09

yeah its pretty stupid that they are making me pay for that... and for part of a tire that i dont even want. i hate the michelins and on the estimate, it said it was $178. thats a rip off for a shitty tire. i was like "well i hate those tires, can you get a different one and then i buy the other one somewhere else and have you guys put it on a different wheel so i can have 2 brand new tires on the front" and the guy was like "its already been ordered so we can't change it" so thats pretty gay. i can't wait to get it back though. they should have it done pretty soon since they ordered the parts and want to get it out of there.

oh and i took before pics on my phone camera (sony ericsson t616) and ill take after pics w/ a friends digi. could i just send the pics to someone who could post them on here? or is that not even possible. i can't connect to the internet but i can send pics. so if its possible, ill send them to someones phone to post. let me know.

it just sucks not driving my car. i can't tell how fast im going b/c im used to listening to the engine. oh well, only about a week and a half left!
Old 11-12-2003, 12:31 PM
sick79

glad to hear that it worked out for you. :cheers: :bigok: