Notices

Experienced Opinions...hell any opinions!

Old 11-05-2003, 09:09 AM
timmyh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Experienced Opinions...hell any opinions!

Alright here's the deal. When I bought my 96 gsr last year, i didn't notice the exhaust was all messed up. It's got a CatCo cat in it, where they not only welded the rear o2 sensor into the cat, but decided to weld the whole rest of the exhaust from the cat on back. To boot, the cel is on due to a "damaged rear o2 sensor."
To fix the problem would require buying a new cat, new b pipe, new muffler, and possibly a new 02 sensor.
My decision is a little clouded right now because the exhaust is practically brand new. Even the guys at the local Acura dealership (VERY trustworthy and respected) said I wouldn't hurt if I just left it on until the whole system went to shit.
I guess what I'm looking for are a few more opinions from other owners. What would you do? I'll have the money to fix it (should i choose to) in a couple months, or just leave it till it craps out.
Thanks for any help
Old 11-05-2003, 10:54 AM
newgsrdriver

If youre getting a CEL for a bad secondary 02, I would fix the problem man.

You can score an 02 sensor for $50, and a used stock cat and exhaust in great shape for easily under $150.

Or just take the plunge, buy an aftermarket highflow cat, exhaust and 02 sensor and get it over with now.
Old 11-06-2003, 12:13 PM
gno038

just buy an aftermarket exhaust and cat. you'll be happy once its all on