Notices

HELP-- buying '93 LS...does this sound legit?!?

Old 10-20-2003, 02:22 PM
B18A1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP-- buying '93 LS...does this sound legit?!?

hello everyone. this is my first time visiting/posting. hopefully you can all help me.

i'm looking at purchasing a 1993 Integra LS, 5spd. i'm going to look at it tomorrow AM. i checked the VIN on carfax and it came out clean. only thing that looked strange was that after the initial title was issued in '93, it didn't surface again until 2001 with 63k miles (as per the PA inspection) and a year later in 2002 with 66k miles (a 2nd PA inspection). now the dealer lists the car with 88k miles. carfax found nothing wrong, but of all the cars i've checked i've found nothing resembling this history.

i guess i have 2 questions; first, how can i tell if an odometer has been rolled back. second, since you guys(and gals) are familiar with these cars, what should i check closely? what usually goes, or just needs TLC on one of these at 88k miles?

the car is said to be in "pristine" condition. all power options are said to work. can i expect a rock-steady idle? or do any of yours fluctuate slightly?

thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

don
Old 10-20-2003, 03:15 PM
Adriatic99ls

Check out the car in person first.

I bought my 99ls online where I found it on cars.com. The guy I bought it from said the car was in excellent condition. So I went out on a limb and drove 1hr.15min to look at the car. When I get to the house I saw the car, noticing how immaculate the exterior and paint was. I kinda glanced inside and thought to myself I'm buying it.

I go to the door and ask for the seller. We go for a test drive for about 20min. The ride was great, shifting was smooth, idle was nice and quiet. He had all service records (all work was done at an acura dealer). I didn't bother to do a carfax after that. We got back and I said are you ready to do some paper work. I wrote him a check for 9k, and drove off.

All in all see it in person first and drive the car. If it feels good. Do another quick background check until you feel comfortable that you could buy it. Then make your decision. Hope this helps!
Old 10-20-2003, 08:22 PM
B18A1

bump